• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    For those who have a md that has tones...a nickel sounds the same as a pull tab sounds the same as GOLD. Moral is dig all nickel signals if you want to find some good treasure. If you have an old school beep and dig in the style of the Tesoro md's (one sound) use your thumb to turn the discriminator dial as you swing the coil over the target to try to determine (educated guess) what it (target) may be.

To be successful IMHO you must have patience and persistence...good luck to all

Last edited:

Staz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just picked up a Teknetics G2 Gold Metal Detector off Craigslist for a SWEET DEAL brand new unused in box I cant wait to try out this detector reviews I read made this thing sound like a god.

Staz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not sure I haven't seen anything about this model having a recall??? If their is one I cant find any info so far on the web

Staz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I am pretty intense with my research before I pick anything up you got me pretty good lol I began to sweat for a second

Staz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This may become my primary if it produces as well as it was regarded from my research. I do though enjoy my Whites XLT it has found me some nice items

Staz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was really surprised by the reviews myself going to take a little trip out to one of my spots see if it turns anything up

posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you dont mind me asking Staz, how much did he take for it? I was watchimg it too but car insurance hit at the wrong time. Congrats on the cool pick up. Everything I read on it was very positive.

posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like the entry used metal detector I picked up but I think there is a short in the power cord to the removable battery pack. It is a Garrett 500 and I am getting tired of having to hit the battery pack and display housing to get it running. :frusty: I have googled this issue on the net but I guess it may not be very common, my luck. I also haven't been able to find a replacement power cord for it. I have been meaning on dismantling it slightly to disconect the cord and running it to Radio Shack to see if they have something that will work.

Top Bottom