• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jesus I have to get a pin pointer. Found 6 copper pennies today and it was a nightmare to find them in the plugs. Kept on getting quarter hits on the coin setting near the house. Figured it was nail signals from shed cuz dug and dug and nothing to be found.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Im partial to the vibraprobe pin pointer myself...mine lasted about 6 yrs...needs to be fixed, in the meantime im using a loaner from my hunting partner...

posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like I will be running to Harbor Freight next time I am in Pcola to tide me over till I get one from Kelly Detectors. I hate hard decisions but now I think I have a new lead for the next detector I purchase Minelabs Safari Pro. I was looking at the Minelab Sovereign but noticed it was discontinued. Bit pricer than I wanted to go but I look at it as something that will last a loooong time (better).

posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What do you guys know about the Accufind or Vulcan 360 pin pointers? That is the two options I noticed that comes withthe package.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Garret's pro pointer is a good probe...I just wasnt too keen on the 'on-off' switch...is not waterproff like the vibraprobe ones...

Staz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    True about the waterproof part, but I just use my scoop in the water and a pasta sieve if I suspect small items lol. The button is really not that bad I kind of like it save as much battery power as I can, I want my pennies going to the coin jar not the battery fund lol.

posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    just picked up a Garrett pro pointer today. It was new for $125 at a hobby shop on W Street in Pensacola. it saves me a lot of time digging but still finding lots of pennies lol.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need to take you guys back to my home outside of Memphis. Yankees camped there for 3 years. We raked the yard and found bullets. They used the powder to start fires during the winter and chunked the lead. Found a broken sword and a neighbor actually found a Confederate belt buckle made in Spain. We found lots of old metal saddle parts and other assorted camp stuff. If you get a minute and you're curious enough, check out www.lagrangetn.com.. I think it's still up.
    I grew up in the house named Twin Gables. Lots of history in that town. At one time it was bigger than Memphis.

posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone used a stainless tumbler to clean coins or jewelry? Wondering how it would hold up and how well it would clean.

posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Detected for a few hours at the park with my kids and found $2.56 in clad. All new coins except for the copper pennies. Some charms and medallions but all costume items. I thought it went great to me, when I was pulling the quarters I am sad to say I was pretty damn excited. Found nine of them in all.

Staz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    After this big storm its going to be a good time to comb the beach stuff that has been buried is getting moved up $$$$$

Staz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah the sand here eats things up but after the storms for a little bit its secrets are exposed

Staz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    posthuman13 that's actually a pretty good haul for park, have you pulled any nickels yet? So far they are the hardest for me to still descern

posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Havent seen one yet. I cant stop pulling those damn pennies though lol. I went to one park my mom mentioned they used to go to as kids but all I could find is trash. Piles of old pull tabs but no loot. I pulled up about 20 pieces or more of trash metal not counting a pile of glass before I relocated. I have to work tomorrow night but it looks like it is still going to be storming tomorrow. I will probably bring my detector with me to hit the beach after I get off. Is thwre a particular beach that is best. When I was a kid, we used to go to Navarre beach, never went towards Fort Pickens a whole lot. I live in Jay so I rarely ever go to the beach anymore. This new toy may change that thkugh. Digging in sand is so much damn easier than the dirt plugs.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Has anyone used a stainless tumbler to clean coins or jewelry? Wondering how it would hold up and how well it would clean.
    Yep...I use a HF tumbler but just use this to clean coins: small amount of water, pinch of ajax, dab of dish detergent, 1 Tbn of sand..mix this to a surrey and clean coins...don't mix pennies with clad, or they will take on a copper hue.

Top Bottom