• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I tried grabagun and buds and one more and couldn't think of any others, I will slow my roll and wait and see.

dead-bird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I can put you on some LNIB.....I sent you a for-instance by pm
    lots of sites have classifieds for t/c's all orders for new has to come directly from distributors, I have been told.
    last week gander had 2 used contenders 1 in .223 and 1 in 44mag....they were being sold as encores until a friend of mine
    gave the counter help some school'n..........:yo:

Last time I was in, the stainless had been sold.
    Don't remember which caliber it was.

Last edited:

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thompson Club enductee

OK Y'all got me in the Contender / Encore mood and I had to start somewhere. All I need now is some .444 marlin ammo for this beast and 3 more barrels, .223 - .308 - 7.62x39 to start, and some wood furniture. Question = can I take a 15" barrel and thread it and add a muzzle brake to bring it to legal status for a carbine? Or does it have to be welded. This is a picture of my new conquest.

Attachments

• 444.JPG
      444.JPG
      157.9 KB · Views: 167
    Last edited:

dead-bird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It must be permanently attached. If not, then you have made a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR).
    Not legal without your first having received permission from BATFE and paid the $200 tax.

Last edited:

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This one is legal but I am looking at a .223 15" but want to be able to swap from pistol to carbine ,I'll have to get JJ to pin or weld the brake on. I thought that was the case.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do they make and where might one look to get 16" + pistol cal. barrels = 9mm - 357 ? or any good variety barels and acceesories. All the forums and sale sections seem to sell too quick and thought about oredeing new ones.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    whew that monster came in today, now I have to find some 444 ammo, i think academy has some, but at 1.50 a pop that will suck all the fun out of it. glad i have a couple .223 barrels on the way 15" w/handgun grips and a 24" berger, i hope those are good barrels.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    whew that monster came in today, now I have to find some 444 ammo, i think academy has some, but at 1.50 a pop that will suck all the fun out of it. glad i have a couple .223 barrels on the way 15" w/handgun grips and a 24" berger, i hope those are good barrels.

its a real machine there dan !!!! and yes the other barrels your getting are quite impressive when it comes to quality & accuracy.
    i'm take'n my 45/70 and 357max barrel out tomorrow if, the road to the lease is not washed out !!!!
    I hope you have a great time with your new toys !!!!

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the heads up on that one, I just don't know how the 444 will shoot out of the 16"er and how accurae it would be at 100 yds, but it sure will make a nice hogger or deer brush gun

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    man-o-man the 444 is one loud cartridge out of a 16" barrel, even with earplugs it brought my tinitus to a new level, but it will make pebbles out of solid concrete blocks. I think it would flip a hog 3-4 times. I am knicknameing it "The Sausage Maker" no grinder needed ! :hungry:

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    man-o-man the 444 is one loud cartridge out of a 16" barrel, even with earplugs it brought my tinitus to a new level, but it will make pebbles out of solid concrete blocks. I think it would flip a hog 3-4 times. I am knicknameing it "The Sausage Maker" no grinder needed ! :hungry:

"The Sausage Maker" is a fine name for that machine you got there dan !!! it will infact do more damage than many of the small bore rifles that folks use around here....1 shot is all it takes, not 20:eyebrows:

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    some guy on ebay just sold a encore stock with reciever attached! I guess it slipped thru, 415.00 for butt and forearm with reciever. ATF will probally deliver it. LOL

Ken232

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had a TC a guy sold me with 5 bbls .22, 38/357,44 mag/spl, 22 hornet, and 444 marlin...added 221 fireball, 45 lc and a scoped 14" 30-30 hunted with it for 3 years straight put 6 in the freezer with the 30-30 bbl a lot of rabbits with the .22 bbl used the 44 for hog shot the 444 marlin bbl 4 times and ..owie LOL killed a lot of crows with the 221 fireball ( they explode pretty much) they are fun but dang they expensive LOL

ARgument

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    By word of mouf i recently heard that Contender closed their doors near a month ago... went to school up in the Rochester N.H. area where they are located..
    That whole town you know worked there. Wonder what the outcome was overall...

dead-bird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation did Acquire Thompson/Center Arms, Inc. back in 2007.

Smith wanted to get in the hunting rifle business.

That's the last big news I've heard about T/C.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got it put together with a 24" .233 Bergara barrel , will try it out sunday to see if it will shoot worth a hoot. I like the feel and looks of it. Still want a wood stock to go along with it.

Attachments

• Picture 135.jpg
      Picture 135.jpg
      84.1 KB · Views: 110
    • Picture 136.jpg
      Picture 136.jpg
      75.4 KB · Views: 112
    • Picture 134.jpg
      Picture 134.jpg
      74.3 KB · Views: 110
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom