• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Well, it hot to this fat old man! I am ready for some cooler weather. I was out walking the streets after the ice storm in Feb., I can deal with that better than 100 degree high humidity days. Too many tours in Alaska I guess ruined this southern boy.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I work ina metal building with no AC and I have to wear long sleeve FRCs. Ive been working 75+hrs a week in it. When I get a day off I dont go outside. If Im hungry I will pay a family member to cook me something or go pic it up and bring it to me.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I work ina metal building with no AC and I have to wear long sleeve FRCs. Ive been working 75+hrs a week in it. When I get a day off I dont go outside. If Im hungry I will pay a family member to cook me something or go pic it up and bring it to me.
    Heard that. I had 10 days off for blue angels/4th and i didn't got outside at all... when you're out in this heat all day, you don't want to be in it on your down time.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    If you think the mailbox trip is a bummer, and have the summer blues? Come spend about 30 - 45 minutes with me in a well insulated poorly vented attic. I measured 100% humidity and 158 degrees the other day.
    But, I thought I was in Alaska when I got out. It felt great. It's all relative.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I work outside as well and in green houses. Spend an hour in a green house and outside feels amazing! It got so hot last week, we decided to have a bonfire. Burning pallets and trees is a great way to cool off haha. Greenhouse thermometer today was reading 108. The upside is when it's in the 90s like it is now, I don't even sweat outside.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    When I was in college I worked as a stevedore one summer. I would shiver when I came out of the hold at lunchtime.
    I would take off my T shirt, wring it out and lay it across the hood of my car to dry. Always brought an extra to change into at noon because it was soaking wet.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is fun to watch the Yankees wilt when they step off a plane in the south this time of year! You can see the look on their face that they think it's an absolute hell hole and want to leave ASAP. The brutal summers probably keep our population and real estate prices in check.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't kid yourself. I just checked the weather for my home town in northeast mo and it is going to be 95 today. It's right on the mississippi river and the humidy is as bad there as it is down south. Maybe that isn't far enough north to be a yank.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm OK with the heat now. I just watched a weather program. A lot of sources are predicting that this Winter will be worse than last year. Screw that! We'll all be whining in a few months about freezing.

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't kid yourself. I just checked the weather for my home town in northeast mo and it is going to be 95 today. It's right on the mississippi river and the humidy is as bad there as it is down south. Maybe that isn't far enough north to be a yank.

Nah, you're a yankee, Snowbird.

benchrest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    hey yall are gonna hate me for this, ive been in washington for about a month now and the place were at now doesnt have air conditioning,just dont need it. its in the mid 50s at night and the hi was 71 yesterday. last weekend i was at the 600 yard benchrest match at upper nisqually and most people had sleeves on in the morning. after being in pensacola for 50 years this is a dream come true weather wise. the humidity makes all the difference. me and my wife were here in february and a flannel shirt was all u needed. also this is a open carry state,no permit needed unless u want to concealed carry. went to sportsman warehouse the other day and got 2 lbs of varget off the shelf. told yall youre gonna hate me for this post

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    hey yall are gonna hate me for this, ive been in washington for about a month now and the place were at now doesnt have air conditioning,just dont need it. its in the mid 50s at night and the hi was 71 yesterday. last weekend i was at the 600 yard benchrest match at upper nisqually and most people had sleeves on in the morning. after being in pensacola for 50 years this is a dream come true weather wise. the humidity makes all the difference. me and my wife were here in february and a flannel shirt was all u needed. also this is a open carry state,no permit needed unless u want to concealed carry. went to sportsman warehouse the other day and got 2 lbs of varget off the shelf. told yall youre gonna hate me for this post
    yea you suck!!

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Reminded me to call my Dad who lives north of Seattle. He thinks 80 degrees is the start of a heat wave and time to crank the A/C

Top Bottom