• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone else ready for some fall weather? It's been so sucking hot here the past few days even my ball sweat has ball sweat. Bring on the cooler weather for more comfortable range days and better fishing!!

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yup, our Yankee skin will never acclimate... I see these old guys in jeans and long sleeves not breaking a sweat doing yard work, I come back drenched walking to the mailbox... I need seasons

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As I've gotten older the weather bugs me more. I'm out in it all day most days.

I do also think about Fall a lot but ...........

Every time I start to whine about sweating my ass off I calm down and conjure up a mental picture of last February and having to break ice out from around busted PVC pipe to repair. I'm suddenly not so hot.

I do sometimes wish I lived farther North like maybe Huntsville or Greenville, SC. Still as hot and muggy there as it is here but at least you get a break when the sun goes down.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dont know how they do it man. Saw a dude walking down the street yesterday with a black hoodie on and a black winter hat. WTF? I would be dead if I wore that in this weather. Ive been down here for 13 years now and still wanna stay in the house for 2 months straight during July and August..

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I miss the seasons as well. 5 feet of snow + snowmobile = fun

Been wanting to move to NE TN for awhile now. BEst of both worlds up there..

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm in the same boat. I'm ready to see some morning frost. I'm tired of sweating just walking to the dang mailbox. I miss living in Colorado, leave it to politicians to screw everything up!

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been wanting to move to NE TN for awhile now. BEst of both worlds up there..

I would do some research before commiting to moving to that area. My family is from there, specifically my dad and mom were both born and raised in the Elizabethton/Johnson City area. I used to spend my summer vacations up there working for my grand father. Dad stays in touch with the family and keeps an online subscription to the local papers, sending me links to articles almost nightly. Apparently that place has turned into meth head whigger central

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Every time I think it is getting to hot I remember the -40 chill factors and go out and walk 9 holes of golf

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would do some research before commiting to moving to that area. My family is from there, specifically my dad and mom were both born and raised in the Elizabethton/Johnson City area. I used to spend my summer vacations up there working for my grand father. Dad stays in touch with the family and keeps an online subscription to the local papers, sending me links to articles almost nightly. Apparently that place has turned into meth head whigger central

Yeah IVe heard that about that area as well. Although it cant be any worse than this shit hole of a city we are living in now.. I was thinking more Townsend/Maryville/Knoxville area. We vacationed in Townsend a couple years back and loved the place.

I guess that would be more East Central TN

Last edited:

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This past week hasn't been too bad. I work outside and am usually underneath off grade house in tyvec suits... talk about sweat your balls off.

Yeah, I'm ready for a cool down.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you guys think it's hot now wait until the weekend, highs around 95 for Friday through Sunday! Could see highs over 100 inland! Forecast high for Crestview on Sunday is 101, with our humidity that is going to be dangerously hot if you're working outdoors!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nights in the 30-40s and days in the 50-60 range would be awesome. Its those.daytime highs in the teens and nights sub zero that I can't deal with.

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    If you guys think it's hot now wait until the weekend, highs around 95 for Friday through Sunday! Could see highs over 100 inland! Forecast high for Crestview on Sunday is 101, with our humidity that is going to be dangerously hot if you're working outdoors!

sweet!! good day to smelt down a few hundred pounds of lead.

Top Bottom