• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally had a gun related day..sort of..I went to a LGS here in Houston just to window shop and add stuff to my never ending wish list..the shop is more of a pawn shop but still has a great firearm selection..talked to some salesmen about general gun goodness..they didn't have much in the way of "tacticool" rifles but plenty of hunting stuff..they said those have been most popular..and that handgun sells were down a little from last Christmas......now on to the good stuff..finally got my hands on the new S&W Performance Center MP 9 with ported barrel and red dot cut outs...VERY IMPRESSED..especially for the money..trigger pull is very good...reset however is nonexistent..which for me is a non-issue unless I decide to join y'all one day and compete..also checked out a couple ZEV glocks..the guy didn't know much about them but from my very little research I'd say one was a tier 2 and one was their "dragon fly"..im not really a glock fan but these were very nice..not worth even close to asking price if u ask me..which u didn't..but still a great feeling gun...then the CZ SP-01..holding this gun just reaffirmed that when I come back home next year that will likely be the 1st purchase..or a KSG..MAN I JUST LOVE THAT SP-01

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I like trips to the candy store. I will probably be taking one tomorrow. My comptac holsters came in today and I got my mags for the PPQ. Finals are finished which gives the green light in making the IDPA this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Today, I got around to ordering a Harris Bipod (BRM) and a MAGPUL M-LOK Harris Bipod adapter from Primary Arms. They have bipods at 15% off right now. The M-LOK adapter will work great. When the bipod is not mounted, the adapter will sit fairly flush on the rail with the exception of the stud. Now, I am just waiting to get the VORTEX Viper 1-4x24 scope and the ADM RECON mount from TGD. I am hoping the mount comes in soon.

This will be my second Recce type build. The first one I did was in 2008.

Very nice Sir!! I see you went with that APEG grip too, I like it quite a bit.

Here is my rendition of a recce rifle that I put together last year:

photo (64).JPG

Attachments

• photo (64).JPG
      photo (64).JPG
      246.5 KB · Views: 142

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks! I really like the ADM mounts and Vortex Viper's, should be a nice setup when it arrives. What barrels did you go with on yours?

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Thanks! I really like the ADM mounts and Vortex Viper's, should be a nice setup when it arrives. What barrels did you go with on yours?

I used one of the Radical Firearms 16" Mid Length, 1:7 Twist, SOCOM Contour, QPQ Melonite barrels. The first range session went really well with it. For a $65 barrel, it is hard to beat. I was cautious about buying it at first, until I read some posts from guys who have them. I figured, for the price, it was worth giving it a try. The barrel is not dimpled for a set screw type low profile gas block (using the Olin Works), but I use some thread locker and everything is still nice and tight.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used one of the Radical Firearms 16" Mid Length, 1:7 Twist, SOCOM Contour, QPQ Melonite barrels. The first range session went really well with it. For a $65 barrel, it is hard to beat. I was cautious about buying it at first, until I read some posts from guys who have them. I figured, for the price, it was worth giving it a try. The barrel is not dimpled for a set screw type low profile gas block (using the Olin Works), but I use some thread locker and everything is still nice and tight.

I have a dimpling jig if you need it, and if you can drill it, thats a great price on a melonite barrel! I went with the Rainier Arms Select medcon 5R 416 stainless barrel in mine, haven't shot groups with it, but I haven't had any trouble hitting what I want out at the clay pit.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    installed a Lantac Dragon on my friends AR10. Also, fixed his improperly installed magpul sights on his ar15 pistol. backwards and all over the place on rail placement.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    finally finished up TennJeep's CDP package! He better not disappoint it with a crappy score!
    IMG_20141220_203718511.jpg IMG_20141220_203755971.jpg IMG_20141220_210346854.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20141220_203718511.jpg
      IMG_20141220_203718511.jpg
      343.2 KB · Views: 224
    • IMG_20141220_203755971.jpg
      IMG_20141220_203755971.jpg
      402.3 KB · Views: 231
    • IMG_20141220_210346854.jpg
      IMG_20141220_210346854.jpg
      395.5 KB · Views: 221

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jogan's work looks like the real deal. Do you have an online order form yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hit the range with a couple of buddies this morning. Took out the SOCOM16, PTR91, and MRP piston AR15. Had a great time with the range to ourselves.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I finally got my MAGPUL M-LOK bipod mount and Harris BRM bipod installed on my Recce build. I also found a guy on the ARFCOM EE that has a like new VORTEX VIPER PST1-4x24 TMCQ MOA scope and a VORTEX marked American Defense RECON 30mm mount for sale. I was lucky to get my asking price for it. Money Order goes in the mail on Monday. If I am lucky, I may have it before New Year's Day.

Last edited:

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Figured I'd need to order more carbon fiber after these pics went up!lol

Top Bottom