• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang that's weird, didn't know they put a plastic trigger in those. Glad you got a decent one in there now.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Today I helped Garpo with some AR stuff, went to the range and got the sights on my Valor adjusted and now it and my CZ 75B are on their way to the holster maker to let him have his way with them. While at the range, I got to shoot some pretty cool SBR's: a 9mm AR, an MP5 clone, a 10.5" AK, and an FN PS90. They were all awesome, but I was most impressed with the AK's fire ball (cylinder?). It was about a foot in diameter and about 4ft long. (that's what she said?)

Video of the AK.... Can't really see the fireball. I'll try to arrange another video closer to dusk sometime soon.

http://youtu.be/umknoV09AQA

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been there, but I typically just get rid of one or two at a time and get something new.

Sadly, this has been my theme over the past couple of years. I say sadly cause then I miss the one I traded/sold. My safe needs to be "resource neutral" --- items come and go, but the contents needs to stay about the same in value. At least that's what I tell my wife.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Friday picked up my POF MP5 pistol I had ordered Monday from Atlantic Firearms. Yesterday, I function tested it with 300 rounds through it shooting from a tensioned sling position. Shoots great, came home and submitted a Form1 to SBR it.

That thing is cool...who hasn't wanted an MP5 for the last 20-30 years?
    You should do a review on this nice piece, and include an accuracy review at 30 yards. I am wondering if this thing has the precision of the originals.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That thing is cool...who hasn't wanted an MP5 for the last 20-30 years?
    You should do a review on this nice piece, and include an accuracy review at 30 yards. I am wondering if this thing has the precision of the originals.

I'm planning on it. My initial reaction to it is that it is as accurate as the originals. I first shot the POF MP5s while training Pakistanis which is why I wanted one when I saw they were being imported. During my function testing before submitting the form1 I could only shoot from a tensioned sling, but accuracy was quite good. Even with the less than optimal setup we were able to consistently make clover leaf groups at 15 yards and fist size groups at 40 yards.

Another plus is that it fires the Pakistani surplus 9mm subgun ammo I've had for years that wouldn't fire in anything else including my Uzi.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm planning on it. My initial reaction to it is that it is as accurate as the originals. I first shot the POF MP5s while training Pakistanis which is why I wanted one when I saw they were being imported. During my function testing before submitting the form1 I could only shoot from a tensioned sling, but accuracy was quite good. Even with the less than optimal setup we were able to consistently make clover leaf groups at 15 yards and fist size groups at 40 yards.

Another plus is that it fires the Pakistani surplus 9mm subgun ammo I've had for years that wouldn't fire in anything else including my Uzi.

I need one of those with a collapsible stock on it! Very cool... I shot my MP5K clone with Brant yesterday for the first time with the stock on it and it was much better than the sling method, I look forward to finding a low profile mount and putting an aimpoint micro on it. Which mount did you go with? I found what I thought was the B&T, but turned out to be a knock off using B&T's part number, it wouldn't fit on the receiver. I'm considering the MFI mount, I just wish they made a short version, since I don't need much rail space for the micro...

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need one of those with a collapsible stock on it! Very cool... I shot my MP5K clone with Brant yesterday for the first time with the stock on it and it was much better than the sling method, I look forward to finding a low profile mount and putting an aimpoint micro on it. Which mount did you go with? I found what I thought was the B&T, but turned out to be a knock off using B&T's part number, it wouldn't fit on the receiver. I'm considering the MFI mount, I just wish they made a short version, since I don't need much rail space for the micro...

I have an MFI on my PTR, but went with a B&T for this one. The mount in the pic is just an interim until the B&T shows up Wednesday. I also have an Aimpoint micro for it.

Posted using my etch & sketch and Tapatalk

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an MFI on my PTR, but went with a B&T for this one. The mount in the pic is just an interim until the B&T shows up Wednesday. I also have an Aimpoint micro for it.

Posted using my etch & sketch and Tapatalk

Where'd you find a B&T? I have been looking to no avail.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Loaded 500 rounds of 45 last nite. Waiting on 1000 more boolits to get here tomorrow to load some more. Ran into some small pistol primers this time. What a pain in the ass. Have to start checking all the brass now before I ever start loading and throw the damn things away.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Loaded 500 rounds of 45 last nite. Waiting on 1000 more boolits to get here tomorrow to load some more. Ran into some small pistol primers this time. What a pain in the ass. Have to start checking all the brass now before I ever start loading and throw the damn things away.

Don't throw them away. Just bring them to me next IDPA match and I will take them off your hands. I have been saving mine until I reach a critical mass to begin using them.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I sold a Combat Commander and a Model 27 in order to buy Dan's SOCOM16. Got it home, mounted an Aimpoint on it and I'll get it zeroed next weekend.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Put 200 rounds through the .45 this morning at the FOP range practicing for next weekend. Need more practice. In the process this evening of cleaning the cases so that I can cast and load tomorrow. I may have to go back for more tomorrow.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not today but yesterday loaded another 650 rounds of 45.Lord wish I had a loading room again. Now to tear my loader down and get it off the kitchen table and back under the bed.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Busy gun day today. I bought another Wilson Combat protector, another P938, 100 rounds of 500S&W ammo, and a stripped lower to start a RECCE build, I also got back my lightweight M&P 360 357 j-frame with 300 rounds for it as well as the Troy-VLTOR AR. Whoo Hoo!

I'll be at Santa Rosa at 9am if anyone wants to join.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom