• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Spent some time yesterday getting sight adjustments done on a few pistols. The PPQ was the last in the group.
    Guess it's time to stop screwing with it and start practicing.

WSI.jpg

Attachments

• WSI.jpg
      WSI.jpg
      143.4 KB · Views: 136

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Picked up a Christmas present to me...NOS/NIB .327 Federal Magnum Ruger Sp101...ah, cant wait to get some ammo for this to start shooting it very soon

327fedmagnum.jpg

Attachments

• 327fedmagnum.jpg
      327fedmagnum.jpg
      76.3 KB · Views: 123

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Went back to the eye doc today to get a prescription finalized for some glasses. Having some poly carbonate lenses put into a safety frame that will become my shooting glasses. It's pretty much the lowest script (that resembles reading glasses) that will still give me good front sight focus but still allow for decent focus on things far away. We tried to work with a progressive lens that had both 'near' and 'far' zones but the distortion was horrible. So, I'm going with a single vision this time. Shame they won't be ready in time to take to the Clearwater GSSF match..

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Went back to the eye doc today to get a prescription finalized for some glasses. Having some poly carbonate lenses put into a safety frame that will become my shooting glasses. It's pretty much the lowest script (that resembles reading glasses) that will still give me good front sight focus but still allow for decent focus on things far away. We tried to work with a progressive lens that had both 'near' and 'far' zones but the distortion was horrible. So, I'm going with a single vision this time. Shame they won't be ready in time to take to the Clearwater GSSF match..

what front sight? oh that thing that always blocks my view :doh:

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Well, I started my birthday off by going to the Post Office first thing this morning. I had to mail off the funds for the VORTEX VIPER PST1-4x24 scope and ADM/VORTEX RECON mount. With all hope, I will have it before New Years Day. Oh, yesterday, I went to Dicks for pick up some AE 5.56 NATO 55 gr. ammo they had on sale. They had the 90 round (on stripper clips) boxes for $29.99 each. In lieu of this, I picked up three boxes. Academy had the 120 round box for $59.99. I got 180 rounds for the same price. Much better deal. Dicks is normally kind of high, but they often have some good sales and I take full advantage of them. Besides, one can never have too much ammo.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    amazing what we forget when the buzzer goes off.

Very true, but I meant that I don't think I actually had many true sight pictures. I was just kinda using the front sight like a red dot most of the day.

And on the buzzer mind clear note, I realized after watching the video that I picked a bad sequence of shots on the first 2 paper targets on stage 2. I had everything planned in my head beforehand, but it didn't translate into the correct action.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    wait....so you're telling me you had a PLAN! And then when the buzzer went off, your plan CHANGED!??? ha! And all this talk of "sight pictures" makes me giggle. Once your eyes are like mine, just put the fuzzy red dot over the really, REALLY fuzzy brown target and jerk the trigger really fast 2 times then move on to the next fuzzy brown thing

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ran a couple hundred rounds through my sometimes neglected CX4 Storm. The range trip reminded me why I bought it and how much fun it is to shoot.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ran a couple hundred rounds through my sometimes neglected CX4 Storm. The range trip reminded me why I bought it and how much fun it is to shoot.

Considering selling mine (. 40S&W) to fund a 1911

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm feeling things out. Mostly the wallet right now. I'm guessing it will be after the new year before I can really narrow things down.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Considering selling mine (. 40S&W) to fund a 1911

I'm considering selling my 9mm cx4. It's a blast to shoot, but it's sat in my safe since about a month after I got it. I hate to have things just sitting around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Exactly. It was cool when I had the PX4 that shared mags with it. Now I'm thinking a Just Right Carbine may fill that niche. And I really want another 1911. Decisions decisions.....

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom