• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Picked a spikes lower from Joel of roasters gallery. Talked a little about Ar. That's all for now until I get off work.
    Really have needed a reason to go check his place out. Need to get some of his coffee.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used to work out there quite often but haven't for a year at least now.

Back on topic, haven't done anything gun related for the last month it seems. Just haven't been interested really which is weird. I did look up a streamlight I have that in was considering selling. Looked it up and was happy to see it on amazon for like $300-400 but then I see them on eBay for like $90. Not going to sell it for $90 so I guess I'll just keep it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yesterday I ordered a new extractor and some optic mount/thumb rest screws for my open gun, as well as a Lee Auto Drum powder measure that I hope will have more adjustment than the Auto Disk I've had for years, and an auto eject conversion kit for my turret press.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    visited the PSA store near me....biggest way to sum it up is their big sign that says "online and in store prices may differ".

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yesterday I joined my PSA upper with my PSA lower and was impressed by how well they fit since I bought them separately about a month apart. Gun is beautiful! Now every male member of my house has an AR-15! Seth at just 8 years old will be waiting a couple years to shoot his new PSA or maybe he'll be shooting it quicker than that. A little heavy for him right now.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I made hotel reservations for the GA State Championship and LA Gator Classic matches that are coming up in August and October.

I've also been checking several tracking numbers trying to figure out when some gun parts are going to arrive.

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Picked up a holster for my wife... showed her this and she said we gotta buy it! Guess it'll double as my holster for USPSA. :wacko:

Also got a deal on a like new Dillon XL650 w/out case feeder for $500.

Attachments

• PizzaCat Holster.jpg
      PizzaCat Holster.jpg
      831.4 KB · Views: 192
    Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Picked up a holster for my wife... showed her this and she said we gotta buy it! Guess it'll double as my holster for USPSA. :wacko:

Also got a deal on a like new Dillon XL650 w/out case feeder for $500.

I saw that holster and almost bought it, but it won't fit my SP-01. Nice on the 650!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I ordered 3600 9mm bullets this morning. My new Aftec extractor and Lee press parts should be here today. If things come together smoothly over the next few days, I may be able to shoot my open gun at the Biloxi match on Sunday.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The extractor install went smoothly yesterday, now I just have to test it and possibly tune it (hopefully this afternoon). The Lee Auto Drum was fairly easy to dial in as well. I like it better than the Auto Disk because of the ability to set an exact charge weight. The only thing I don't like about it is that it must be reset after every throw (safety feature to keep from double charging a case). The Inline Fab auto-eject kit gave me some trouble, though. I couldn't keep the ejector collar from getting stuck at the top of the reverse rotation rod. I shot an email to them this morning so hopefully they can let me know how to fix it.

I also loaded 150ish rounds of 38SC. Going to load some more this evening.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Today, I went out to the ECC workshop and I picked up another "Dan1612" OWB Special, because IWB is for chumps.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469319600.493040.jpg
    With this rig, I can carry a double stack under a well fitting t-shirt, with minimal printing, in maximum comfort. Incredible!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469319600.493040.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469319600.493040.jpg
      45.1 KB · Views: 152
    Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    After the successful function test yesterday afternoon, I decided to shoot the Brothers N Arms match in Hattiesburg today and sleep in tomorrow. Fun match and I love shooting the gun, I just need to get used to it. I played "find the dot" several times today.

Video here:

I'll break it down in my training journal thread sometime this week.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Tested my .223 frangible load for functioning in the M16...passed and locked the bolt back on empty mag. Then loaded up my new Magpul D60 drum mag with frangibles and tested it with the M16...passed the full auto test and locked bolt back when empty. Tomorrow will test the frangible load for accuracy in the rifle...it shoots fine in my other 1 in 7 twist bbls, so I do not expect bad results.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Tested my .223 frangible load for functioning in the M16...passed and locked the bolt back on empty mag. Then loaded up my new Magpul D60 drum mag with frangibles and tested it with the M16...passed the full auto test and locked bolt back when empty. Tomorrow will test the frangible load for accuracy in the rifle...it shoots fine in my other 1 in 7 twist bbls, so I do not expect bad results.

If you want to meet up at my property in the morning let me know.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    D60 GTG, huh? Nice!
    I'll have to grab some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my limited 15 round full auto test, all functioning was perfect...feeding, loading, and bolt hold open after done. Will shoot it more today.

Top Bottom