• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hinote

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a 30S so I'm familiar with how it feels in the hand but how difficult is it to shoot 10mm in such a small package? I think Mike's/Scott's is participating in the Glock blue label program and I'm eligible so I'm thinking about getting one.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have been shooting FULL POWER 10mm for some years now. Since 2006 IIRC.
    I have owned two Glock 29,s and still own a 20.
    I never could shoot a 29 well. The grip of a 20 is great but the 29 just feels "fatter" , most likely due to the length.
    There are several things that you can do to a 20 or 29 that make them more shootable and mitigate some recoil. If your gonna buy a 29 you need to shoot the full power loads,if not buy a Glock chambered in 40Short&Weak.
    To me,the 29 shooting full power loads fit into the realm of "the laws of deminishing returns". Yep,powerful.but can you effectively hit what your aiming at,in a timely manner. For me,that is 3 targeted shots in (club timer ) 2 seconds ..... or pre training 3-4 seconds. This,in COM at 7-10yds.
    The above is my opinions.
    AND - - -> if you qualify for Glocks blue lable program,suggest you buy from Jimmy's in FWB. --- SAWMAN

Norm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a 30S so I'm familiar with how it feels in the hand but how difficult is it to shoot 10mm in such a small package? I think Mike's/Scott's is participating in the Glock blue label program and I'm eligible so I'm thinking about getting one.
    Dang Dave you were up early this morning!
    I’ve never shot a 10mm, but I think I’ve talked myself into buying one. It seems to me that the 29 would be mighty spiffy to effectively handle. Maybe not, but I’m looking at a G20 SF if Glock ever offers it with the MOS.

Hinote

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Messed up sleep schedule. Was in bed at 4 PM yesterday and wide awake at 1 AM this morning.

Let me clarify. I have a Glock 30SF and I'm wanting a 29SF. I'm used to referring to the 30 as a 30S because that's what is stamped on the slide but it's actually the short frame as indicated on the right side of the frame. Sorry for any confusion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom