• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woody morgan

Shooter
    What are some of the best gun deals you've done?

Traded a Marlin Camp Carbine in .45 for a new-in-box Winchester M1894 Trails End in .44mag.

Traded a well-used Ruger .22lr Standard for a 7 1/2" Ruger Super Blackhawk with six rounds through it.
    The original owner was 5'1" and maybe 110 pounds.

Bought a beautiful Winchester 9422 at a buddy's shop for $250.

wm

jettjon

Expert
    Well other than a couple $120 SKS carbines and $100 Makarovs back in the day.... without implicating the guilty, I once orchestrated a deal where I purchased a quality rifle, shotgun, and handgun along with two other handguns. I had a buyer in mind for one of the handguns and "threw in" the other. I ended up breaking even... if you are doing the math, I ended up with a FREE quality rifle, shotgun, and handgun. I seriously doubt I'll ever top that.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    On occasion I get guns for free... my most recent free acquisition...a Colt Detective in pristine condition...

YES... people know what they have and YES they acknowledge they are gifting the firearm to me personally.

A co-worker recently acquired a Saginaw M1 Carbine and a Colt US Property marked 1911 from the family of a deceased WWII vet who kept these after the war. YES... they knew full well what they had and initially they insisted on them being destroyed.

Fortunately he convinced the family it's what Pops would have wanted so he got the pair for $500.

FNHman

Marksman
    For me the best deal has yet to come.... Im wondering if I give away a free rifle someone might use it in a manor that benefits all of society? You hear me? Maybe, just maybe...... someday!

ctc1066

Expert
    Two Beretta 92's, matching drop leg holsters, a shoulder rig, 15 mags, 500 rounds of 9mm , 2 new extra barrels and gun rugs for a whopping $800. Seller was moving to Californication on short notice and was fire selling his collection. Missed out on a really nice Ruger M77 in 30-06 for peanuts.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    when working at a gun shop in south FL many years ago a guy walked in with his yacht captain and was looking to offload a S&W J frame in stainless and .38spl. was taking yacht to mexico and points beyond and had to sell his gun. $300 later i was the new owner of a S&W 60-1 Ashland Hardware Supply special run of target sight rear and partridge front sight Chiefs Special. super rare and got a letter form S&W historian Roy Jinks to authenticate it.

Welldoya

Master
    Marlin 39A with a hard case and a brick of .22 ammo for $125.
    1961 Win 94 for $70.
    Browning shotgun barrel and Browning take-down suitcase for $60.
    Early Ruger 10/22 for $50.

After 50 years of collecting, I can’t begin to remember them all.

M60Gunner

Master
    Prob my wife’s Serbian AK at 499. Should have been a Polish Tantal. When we lived in Panama City they were 299 but I was worried about availability of 5.45. Did get my 870 Marine Magnum for 400.

Top Bottom