WTH? Backwards scope Captain given the boot.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brockskennedy

Marksman
    The guy is being publicly embarrassed and lost his job over a photo of a scope mounted backwards. Most military arnt gun people and that optic isn’t somthing that would be familiar to a basic sailor.

I’m sure he is a very capable commander despite this single photo. Whoever had the time to persue this guy should be fired because he obviously has too much time on his hands.

The guy dedicated his life to becoming good at his job and serving his country and is getting shit canned for a single photo of somthing like this is rediculous.

We had to have a draft in vietnam to force peoe to serve their country. This commander likely joined at a time of war and spent the remainder of his career serving during war time. He showed enough capability to be progressed to his current position and is now being hung out to dry over a photo.

Everyone needs to ask themselves how many times they have done something stupid but never had a photo taken for someone else to prove it.

Last edited:

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    The guy is being publicly embarrassed and lost his job over a photo of a scope mounted backwards. Most military arnt gun people and that optic isn’t somthing that would be familiar to a basic sailor.

I’m sure he is a very capable commander despite this single photo. Whoever had the time to persue this guy should be fired because he obviously has too much time on his hands.

The guy dedicated his life to becoming good at his job and serving his country and is hitting shit canned for a single photo of somthing like this is rediculous.
    From what I read he lost his command because he hazarded his ship not making sure repairs were completed [rudder control] . It was also brought out he did not assign the best and brightest for some duties . Loss of confidence. The rifle ado was just more icing on the cake not the reason he is re-assigned . The steering incident occurred while re-fueling at sea which required an emergency break-away and it seems there was some confusion during the process and equipment damage /no loss of life. I have not met the captain but there are officers on duty that are cluster fucks their whole command and should be in supply . If his record is clean and he can take a little heat he will get back into favor .

Last edited:

Brockskennedy

Marksman
    From what I read he lost his command because he hazarded his ship not making sure repairs were completed [rudder control] . It was also brought out he did assign the best and brightest for some duties . Loss of confidence. The rifle ado was just more icing on the cake not the reason he is re-assigned . The steering incident occurred while re-fueling at sea which required an emergency break-away and it seems there was some confusion during the process and equipment damage /no loss of life. I have not met the captain but there are officers on duty that are cluster fucks their whole command and should be in supply . If his record is clean and he can take a little heat he will get back into favor .
    This makes more sense than getting fired for a photo. Thank you for the insight. The military isn’t as precise as people believe it to be. The lack of knowledge in certain areas would amaze most people.

All I see in the photo is a commander getting out and showing face with his sailors.

Gumby Hunter

Expert
    You guys have already posted what I was thinking. There are a lot of folks that aren't "gun people" in the military and LE, and it would be completely on-brand to prank someone like that. I would hate to have that be a prank (and it could be he was in on the joke and posted the photo purposefully) and cost him his command.
    Hey, you always mess with the boss when possible, my only problem with the whole thing is he’s pulling the trigger but there’s no way is he aiming or seeing beyond his target that’s a no no or in this case a nay nay

Latest posts

Top Bottom