• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    or the pieces for one, need it for my lease 4'x6' at a minimum...not a carpenter so can't build one or I would...lol BUT I will trade you a hog hunt to help build one if you have the knowledge and tools!

Really a small travel trailer would be good too.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would definitely help build one for a hog hunt. I have the tools and the technology. Lol

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The technology especially for not making mistakes and for limited funds is quite important!!

OK Grasshopper, your first trial should you decide to accept, is to make a parts and cost list. It should be based on skids to it can be drug by truck and tractor, 6'x10' and tall enough to stand in, shooting window all 4 sides, door and such. Then the same built on 4'-6' legs instead of skids(still want to be able to move). Used lumber/materials fine, be innovative, cool(temp wise) as you can roof, and if needed you can change dimensions to save $$ as long as the minimum is 5'x8'. Lighter weight the better, I will be putting solar panels, marine battery, lights in and out and fans inside. This will be sealed as well as it can be from the weather, screens in place for it to breathe, will be used for storage and camping too.

Anyone can Post ideas/plans/materials here for everyone to share...this should be something to help the forum as well as me.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The technology especially for not making mistakes and for limited funds is quite important!!

OK Grasshopper, your first trial should you decide to accept, is to make a parts and cost list. It should be based on skids to it can be drug by truck and tractor, 6'x10' and tall enough to stand in, shooting window all 4 sides, door and such. Then the same built on 4'-6' legs instead of skids(still want to be able to move). Used lumber/materials fine, be innovative, cool(temp wise) as you can roof, and if needed you can change dimensions to save $$ as long as the minimum is 5'x8'. Lighter weight the better, I will be putting solar panels, marine battery, lights in and out and fans inside. This will be sealed as well as it can be from the weather, screens in place for it to breathe, will be used for storage and camping too.

Anyone can Post ideas/plans/materials here for everyone to share...this should be something to help the forum as well as me.

kinda like our 28+ shoot'n houses on my lease.... everything needs to be in 4' plan.
    except for walls. 8', but anything done with left-over pieces will do.
    I have several on ground level respecting game movement. others anywhere from 4' to 12' off ground again,
    in respect. we also use ladder-stands so, our houses are mainly for them lazy wet/froze days which has luck within its
    purpose.

wish I were closer to you..... my son and I wood fix you up and share some of our great hawg hunts with'ya !!!

hopefully some of your neighbor's will help ya out.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah, Doc, we have at least that many too. Most are 12' metal towers 4x6. I am looking for something to double as a camper where I can spend the night, hunt hogs all night and get up for a morning hunt...Thanks

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ok, we got them too... there called condo's..........:usa2:

they are 8x8 with enuff room for gear, cott and office chair. maybe a propane heater and a cooler for vittle's.

we place them in acorn groves 10+ in elevation.

my son and I take kiyotes, hawgs and of course whitetail from them.

they are strategically placed:eyebrows:

Z28931

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A utility trailer is the way to go. We had one at the old camp. We called it " the hilton". We placed it on cinder blocks and turned it into a shooting house. It had a couch/ love seat, and a recliner in it. I sure do miss that thing. A lot of deer were shot out of that thing along with the best naps I've ever taken. We had a deep hole dug under it with PVC pipe running down it for when nature called.

Z28931

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ours was movable. We put the blocks under it for extra support. We left the tires on it. Hook it to your truck and move it to another food plot.

Model70

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have one you can have for free. I think it's a 6x6. 1 door may need a little work. I don't check this part of the forum often so pm me if you want it.

Top Bottom