• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ford

Expert
    Item Home defense shotgun

Location Navarre, FWB, Pensacola

Contact Info PM

Price ??????

Item Description. Looking to buy an inexpensive but reliable home defense shotgun for a single mother who doesn't have a lot of money to spend on one. I'm looking for either a 20 gauge or 410 since she is very petite. Let me know what you have. I will make up the difference of what she can't. She is a proud young lady and wants to pay for it the best she can......she doesn't like hand outs which is very refreshing in a world were everyone seems to be looking for them every time you turn around. I'm gonna just tell her that the money she provided paid for it and then just use it to buy ammo instead. She won't accept a handout but what she doesn't know won't hurt her either. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

punisher338

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    I dont have one right now but I will keep an eye out. Very good thing you are doing for her!

Nfluencial

Expert
    Crestview walmart has some. They aren't short barreled but 20ga and 410. Under $300

Hunkyfish

Master
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    & you can use the mini-shells in a 12 if that's the best deal

Telum Pisces

Master
    Wallyworld and Academy usually carry the Mossberg Maverick 88 shotgun at a decent price for a shotgun that goes bang when you pull the trigger. They usually carry the 18.5" barrel. I have one and it's never failed to go boom. I have about 500 rounds through it. It's a 500 with a different safety configuration.

Plinker

Marksman
    If you somehow end up with a Mossberg 500 12 gauge, I have a plastic pistol grip and matching forearm you can have for free..
    Just saw the barrel down to legal size with a hacksaw and get some of those short shotgun shells mentioned above in a previous post or even some low power field loads.

She'll be fine with those as long as she hangs on.

M.O.A.

Master
    Pm sent.

SAWMAN

Master
    Would suggest that you try to convince her that a very light loaded 20ga is tons better than a heavy loaded 410. Personally,I would never recommend a 410 for SD/HD.

An extremely slight framed lady CAN handle the recoil of a 20ga. REMEMBER --> "It's not the size of the dog in the fight,it's the size of the fight in the dog." Resolve and determination,that you WILL NOT allow yourself to become a victim is paramount. --- SAWMAN

Ric-san

Master
    What does former VP Dick Chaney suggest...???

Alientaz

Expert
    My wife is small to and the federal low recoil loads work great in a 12ga and they are pink. Good luck I will keep my eyes open.

ford

Expert
    Thanks guys for all of the input. Sorry for not responding sooner but got tied up yesterday with some personal business. I have several PMs to respond to. After talking with her she has made up her mind that a 12ga is the route she would like to go in a semi auto or pump. As stated before just let me know what you have and I will ensure that if it is the gun she likes and wants that I take care of getting it for her. Thanks again guys for all of your input. Being that she is a young single mom living paycheck to paycheck and not taking, wanting or demanding any help from the govt. I figure it was the least I could do.

ford

Expert
    Top Bottom