Patriot Mobile

Will this be a trend in Florida? We can only hope.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    A Florida roofing company is making a holiday offer to customers: Buy a roof, and receive a turkey for Thanksgiving and an AR-15 to "protect your family." "The world’s a crazy place right now and they can get a roof and an AR-15 for protection on both ends, why not?" Roof EZ president Jason Polly told Local 10 News. Roof EZ, located in Cape Coral, described on its Facebook page that the company is offering a free AR-15 and turkey to customers who purchase new roofs under a November promotion dubbed the "Roof & Gobble." "I actually saw this idea, a company actually did it in Alabama. I figured, hey, we’re in Florida. This is the most Florida thing you can do. Let’s do it," Polly told the outlet.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Great idea, buy logistics wise he better cross all his T's or the ATF will have a field day with him

Easy enough as long as it goes through an FFL.

There is no “straw purchase” issue if the roofing-customer is the one filling out the 4473 and passing the background checks. At that point, it doesn’t matter who pays the bill.

For it to be considered a “straw purchase”, the buyer has to be buying for someone who either (1) is prohibited from possessing a firearm or (2) doesn’t want their name associated with the transaction.

In my opinion, best option for all involved (considering warranty issues, future liability, etc), is for the roofing company to give a very specific “choice list” of AR-15’s it will pay for from a specific local gun store. New inventory. Customer goes to the shop and runs the paperwork like normal. Money gets paid by the roofing company. Customer gets normal warranty/gunstore support for any post-purchase issues. Roofing company never touched the firearm and has zero liability.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Let's assume the roofing company president is in business because among other things he has good sense. If I were to offer a promotion like this I would get a FFL on board and send the person eligible for the AR to the FFL store for final distribution. The understanding would be if you can't pass the back ground check than have a nice day consuming the free turkey. You're not eligible for the AR because . . . , . That would be understood up front before a single shingle was nailed in place.

Top Bottom