• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Another feeling on the subject, I know it's tempting and easier to keep up with, BUT when you bump all your ads at one time, and you have a string of 5-10 ads in a row over and over again, it makes the section look over bumped. I also tend to skip over the 5-10 in a row bumps thinking they are reruns.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I see 3 or 4 of these a day at minimum. Most of them are 3-6-9 hour updates.
    Not singling this guy out. Just an example.
    Screenshot_20240315-084541.png

Darren0278

Shooter
    People who join a forum then complain about how it's run remind me of those who buy a house next to an airport (or shooting range) then complain about the noise.
    Like my neighbor who calls the sheriffs office the second I fire around on my rural 15 acre homestead sport shooting range! I need a pro 2nd amendment attorney if anyone can recommend one they have used. I'm to the point of sending a cease and desist notice and/or file a law suit for harassment.

Welldoya

Master
    All I can figure is some people just don’t know the going price of guns and are too lazy to do a little research.
    I’m watching a local auction that has a shotgun in it. The bid is at $315 plus tax and a 15% buyer’s premium.
    I can get the same shotgun at PSA for $239.
    Makes no sense.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    All I can figure is some people just don’t know the going price of guns and are too lazy to do a little research.
    I’m watching a local auction that has a shotgun in it. The bid is at $315 plus tax and a 15% buyer’s premium.
    Makes no sense.
    You want to see loony prices goto any live gun auction. And they sell...

FrommerStop

Master
    Like my neighbor who calls the sheriffs office the second I fire around on my rural 15 acre homestead sport shooting range! I need a pro 2nd amendment attorney if anyone can recommend one they have used. I'm to the point of sending a cease and desist notice and/or file a law suit for harassment.
    On 15 acres in jay, if outside the city boundaries prior to 9pm at night in SRC FL you likely should be within the law.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Makes no sense.
    That's also why I dont down people here who post at MSRP. I know I have been guilty of not knowing the market well enough.

Welldoya

Master
    You want to see loony prices goto any live gun auction. And they sell...
    Normally yes but probably 8 or 9 years ago I was at an estate auction at Garth’s.
    There were 200 lots, all guns and gun related.
    Things were going dirt cheap. I bought 4 guns and should have bought 10. What a day that was!
    Word must’ve gotten around because they had part 2 a couple of months later and no deals to be had.

RaySendero

Shooter
    I've been using "bump" about every 2 or 3 of months for my WTB hard to find items.
    Is this even necessary?

gejshooter

Shooter
    I'm one of those "old guys" that has probably has posted "stupid stuff". One thing for sure though, I can shoot this older technology stuff better that most can their brand new GEN5000 stuff and don't spend a fortune doing so. I will try to refrain from doing a lot of posting so I won't upset the new generation !
    Great comment. Your age has nothing to do with what you have to offer.

gejshooter

Shooter
    I caught myself in a scope thread doing that. A guy asked for specific advice parameters on a scope and I was like no you need this. Then I took a step back and was like wait this guy actually needs the scope he’s asking for. Then I gave him recommendations on what he actually needed.
    I think that was me. Thanks!

5lima30ret

Master
    Or…maybe the bumps because their prices are out of whack with real market prices?

I’ve seen posts here for used guns that were more than what they run new. SMH.
    The sellers (fill in the blank) that is "custom" w/ pink polka dot Cerakote finish or "Kyber Pass" replica Hi-Point is worth at least $100 more than full retail price :rolleyes: The custom stippling job done by a drunken monkey with a $3.99 Harbor Freight soldering iron/curling iron is another "custom" job that demands a much higher than market price!:D

Cjprall90

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    The sellers (fill in the blank) that is "custom" w/ pink polka dot Cerakote finish or "Kyber Pass" replica Hi-Point is worth at least $100 more than full retail price :rolleyes: The custom stippling job done by a drunken monkey with a $3.99 Harbor Freight soldering iron/curling iron is another "custom" job that demands a much higher than market price!:D
    Is this still available ?…

LordPorter1

Expert
    Who cares?

ETA- that was not directed at you personally.

I think the pressure started to mount over his inability to substantiate his outlandish claims. He insinuated, in his normal ambiguous way, he had met several members here yet no one has ever come forward. No one has to this day that I'm aware of.

I think whoever or whatever he/it was, the writing was on the wall... a sudden and very quiet exit from the board was the result.
    All good, it’s been a while since I have dropped in and he was hot and heavy last time. I was just curious, thanks for the follow up!

Top Bottom