• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LordPorter1

Expert
    Gun boards tend to attract tards... guys who simply regurgitate what their friend's dad's brother from Viet Nam told them or what they read somewhere on the internet.

Some old timers simply have been left behind by technology and they too post stupid stuff.

Lots of people simply lack extensive training, education, experience, and knowledge to personally back up their opinions which should be based solidly on first-hand observations and actual experience, not just rumor or speculation.

As a result, folks with legitimate credentials and experience tend to get tired of the back and forth and just move on.

With that said, this place isn't that bad really... some good hearted folks on here that are eager to share info and remain open minded. In the end, it really is just a local gun board no different than a collection of guys you would run into at the range for the most part. Not a wealth of real-world in-depth experience since we lost M118LR.
    What happened to M118LR?

SLTW

Expert
    Man, my friends dads brother who was a ‘Nam vet told me he was the first guy on his block to get a confirmed kill at 1,000 yard with a frozen hypersonic ice round of .50 bmg, at a bad guy….you mean maybe he was really pulling my leg…?
    You talking about Carlos hatchcock?

Welldoya

Master
    This forum is not bad at all. We’ve had a few know-it-all asses in the past but most are gone.
    There are some national forums that have some members that know EVERYTHING. A few I would’ve kicked off long ago.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    What happened to M118LR?

Who cares?

ETA- that was not directed at you personally.

I think the pressure started to mount over his inability to substantiate his outlandish claims. He insinuated, in his normal ambiguous way, he had met several members here yet no one has ever come forward. No one has to this day that I'm aware of.

I think whoever or whatever he/it was, the writing was on the wall... a sudden and very quiet exit from the board was the result.

Last edited:

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    a sudden and very quiet exit from the board was the result.

^ Sadly when some folks just come here to stir things up - they eventually start breaking the rules. :(

In other news, the bumping will likely continue until pricing improves. :)

J pace

Marksman
    We complain that we want more discussion.... And yet when somebody decides to discuss Something( Some whose imagination is stronger than his memory.) They are pounced on and Ridicule. Sometime it may be an outlandish claim or possibly simply their grammar does not match your educational level. Just remember every time you make a negative comment about a post You are potentially preventing a Another member From being Involved simply because they don't want to deal with your negativity.

Last edited:

SLTW

Expert
    We complain that we want more discussion.... And yet when somebody decides to discuss Something( Some whose imagination is stronger than her memory.) They are pounced on and Ridicule. Sometime it may be an outlandish claim or possibly simply their grammar does not match your educational level. Just remember every time you make a negative comment about a post You are potentially preventing a Another member From being Involved simply because they don't want to deal with your negativity.

I caught myself in a scope thread doing that. A guy asked for specific advice parameters on a scope and I was like no you need this. Then I took a step back and was like wait this guy actually needs the scope he’s asking for. Then I gave him recommendations on what he actually needed.

Senojeelnodnarb

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Yeah I really wish guys would sell their gear for 10% of what they bought it for. You know for the brotherhood.
    I'm not going to flag someone's active for sale ad(everyone values their property differently) but there's stuff like a shotgun with 500+ rounds through it, original parts no accessories, and they want $27 more than MSRP for it.

And I know the mods try their best, but if people left what they were asking on an item without deleting the price like the rules state, it would help be a gauge of what they go for. Alot of people will delete every bit of the ad and just leave "SOLD"

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    I think we, as serious enthusiasts should call out the BS and the outlandish claims because a board is only as enriched and valid as the credibility of it's content.

Lots of folks "pass by" looking for info, and if info goes unchecked or challenged, under the right set of circumstances, then that bad info gets passed on.

If this place were a zoo... I'd just sign off and not return, which is what I've done with two other similar boards located in Florida.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    And I know the mods try their best, but if people left what they were asking on an item without deleting the price like the rules state, it would help be a gauge of what they go for. Alot of people will delete every bit of the ad and just leave "SOLD"
    Flag those for us when you see them. :)

FrommerStop

Master
    I only drop in now and then here. I have not been to the classifieds for a long time. I do need to sell somethings that I have not used and can not really take to the grave. I am waiting to see how the new federal law and ATF rules work out prior to selling a whole lot.
    These days I tend to hang out at castboolits for gun technology and general discussion and Suarez Tactics for combat techniques. The moderation at both sites is something that I can better live with. I do not like the Toronto Star and their sister companies that have purchased a lot of gun forums; that is one reason for my choices.

Senojeelnodnarb

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    I think we, as serious enthusiasts should call out the BS and the outlandish claims because a board is only as enriched and valid as the credibility of it's content.

Lots of folks "pass by" looking for info, and if info goes unchecked or challenged, under the right set of circumstances, then that bad info gets passed on.

If this place were a zoo... I'd just sign off and not return, which is what I've done with two other similar boards located in Florida.
    This forum is top tier: the people, the community, and the forum in general is great. This is my 7th year on the forum and when the military makes me move, GCGF will be a massive absence for me, I'm sure my wallet will be happy though... of the places I have been tossed around this forum is my favorite.

Top Bottom