• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Classic example of someone I wont deal with. If you have to hide your posting history, which allows others to see your interaction with the rest of the members, then I can only wonder what else your hiding.
    As I've said before, this is a forums, nothing more. No reason to hide anything on a forums.

Last I'll say about it. Several people agree with my point of view and the ones that don't cant seem to give a valid reason for it and simply want to be standoffish. Reminds me of politics. Nuts to that.

-GW
    Aw shucks then I guess im just out of luck.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This tread has help me add to the list of people I won’t deal with . For those of you that need to know all about another forum member , a subscription to

LexisNexis​

Will allow you to find out things that they don’t know about themselves. The first person you should look up is yourself, you will be shocked at the amount of information they have on you. Things long forgotten will be remembered when you see them in your report.

(the you is generic)

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This tread has help me add to the list of people I won’t deal with . For those of you that need to know all about another forum member , a subscription to

LexisNexis​

Will allow you to find out things that they don’t know about themselves. The first person you should look up is yourself, you will be shocked at the amount of information they have on you. Things long forgotten will be remembered when you see them in your report.

(the you is generic)
    Fun, so where do you find everyones name to put in the data mining site? From these forums I mean.

I can't imagine too much that id be upset about you knowing about my internet history. Old gaming accounts, whining about politics, gun and pet pics, work ads, wiener pics (hey it was half soft still) and plenty of "hate speech". Pictures and address of family? Why fear the data miner unless for a job at some woke company?

Just because people uncheck public visibility doesn't mean they have something to hide, for example I unchecked most of it after a member was harassing me for being a "racist". I noticed one of the forum mods last year had his profile hidden. He did a lot of dealing here, wonder what he had to hide? Couldnt have been much as he had me meet him at his house for a sale. Seemed like a great guy to be honest. I think most people who hide their profile online aren't expecting much anonymity besides from the occasional forum troll or lurker. Who cares.

MadMac22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm aware of that my friend, however some profiles are restricted to the point that you cannot even access that function. Hence my post. You will notice in the pictures below that any link to their messages is not there, options are to start a convo, ignore or follow. Nothing more nothing less.

Some of us that are new here reply on word of mouth and reputation, when those functions are not or have not been used then I feel I need to rely on the persons previous interactions and when they are being kept deliberately hidden, then I move on and wont deal with them. This thread is me trying to figure out if I am being overly cautious are if there was perhaps a reason for doing it that I was not aware of.
    I assume you're taking about me.

I have made plenty of transactions on this forum without a problem.
    If you'd like to join me at the range to get to know me then come on out!
    Happily a member of ERGC as well.

**Edit** I have changed the settings back to open to members

Last edited:

MadMac22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    As for reasoning,
    Not sure.. Just decided to move all the boxes to "Friends only" one day. I don't use social media and don't use this site as a social media platform.
    I have done quite a few deals, I felt like my reputation on this site is good enough.

I still have a lot of activity on my profile, and if you request to be my friend.. you would have access to see everything.

& I have one or two positive Buyer/seller reviews.

greywolf7373

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

The topic was never about any one person specifically mate. Just a generalized question as I have never ran into it on any forums dealing with any thing. Curiosity even. Unfortunately it seems to have struck a nerve with some folk, which was not my intention, I don't claim to know everything ergo I ask questions about things I don't. How that has turned in to this thread is beyond me.

As for the invite to have a range day, I'd be more than happy to sometime and thank you for the offer!

MadMac22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The topic was never about any one person specifically mate. Just a generalized question as I have never ran into it on any forums dealing with any thing. Curiosity even. Unfortunately it seems to have struck a nerve with some folk, which was not my intention, I don't claim to know everything ergo I ask questions about things I don't. How that has turned in to this thread is beyond me.

As for the invite to have a range day, I'd be more than happy to sometime and thank you for the offer!
    No worries, Just seemed to be a screenshot of my profile.

I'm out there most Sunday afternoons!

greywolf7373

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    As for reasoning,
    Not sure.. Just decided to move all the boxes to "Friends only" one day. I don't use social media and don't use this site as a social media platform.
    I have done quite a few deals, I felt like my reputation on this site is good enough.

I still have a lot of activity on my profile, and if you request to be my friend.. you would have access to see everything.

& I have one or two positive Buyer/seller reviews.
    As a follow up lol, how does one add someone to a buddy list etc...? Haven't crossed that feature yet.

greywolf7373

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

**Edit** I have changed the settings back to open to members
    Aye ERGC is the one place everyone keeps telling me to head to. Been meaning to plan a visit. SRSC has been my go to recently. Where I moved from we just went up the mountain lol. Been interesting having to actually find a place to shoot around here.

MadMac22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aye ERGC is the one place everyone keeps telling me to head to. Been meaning to plan a visit. SRSC has been my go to recently. Where I moved from we just went up the mountain lol. Been interesting having to actually find a place to shoot around here.
    Highly recommend ERGC.
    Never too crowded and a great group of people.
    Plus, they have a ton of movable steel targets for Pistol caliber guns.

& I believe there is a button somewhere on the profile.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hear the term older person and think of how close I'm getting. I told my buddies for every funeral procession we see heading south on Navy, we can all take one step forward in line.

Last edited:

General Snafu

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Classic example of someone I wont deal with. If you have to hide your posting history, which allows others to see your interaction with the rest of the members, then I can only wonder what else your hiding.
    As I've said before, this is a forums, nothing more. No reason to hide anything on a forums.

Last I'll say about it. Several people agree with my point of view and the ones that don't cant seem to give a valid reason for it and simply want to be standoffish. Reminds me of politics. Nuts to that.

-GW
    Ok, so tell us everything about yourself that we don't already know. I'm especially interested in that small tattoo, up high, on your wife's right inner thigh. I thought it was really sexy.

Top Bottom