• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robbie2883

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thought i'd share my other expensive hobby...i built the motor in this thing and am super proud of my numbers from yesterday!

when i got the car it only made 182 at the rear wheels. a couple years later and alot of wiring later here we are

547 at the wheels before running out of fuel pump. backed it down to 501 whp to keep it safe. 93 octane btw! :)

there is alot motor to make out of this motor for sure. i'll be swapping to a larger fuel pump soon and going for 600.

VVVV Click for video!!!! VVVV

315C108B-E66C-49FE-B3A2-6FBE31103AE4-13591-00000461F578ACFC_zpsbaebe2da.jpg

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice!!! That kind of power should get that thing moving out pretty good! Are you planning on taking it to the track?

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good for you. some people run double electric fuel pumps BTW but I am no longer into squeezing out all the HP I can get but admire thous who do.
    love my machines and am in the garage late at night listening to rock music , tripping over German Shepard's and tinkering when I cant sleep.

Robbie2883

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice!!! That kind of power should get that thing moving out pretty good! Are you planning on taking it to the track?

nah. don't really track it anymore. it's more of a weekend cruiser now. especially with the new paint.

Good for you. some people run double electric fuel pumps BTW but I am no longer into squeezing out all the HP I can get but admire thous who do.
    love my machines and am in the garage late at night listening to rock music , tripping over German Shepard's and tinkering when I cant sleep.

yeha, i actually have a second walbro but it's alot easier to just swap the in tank to a larger one instead of running a new set of wires and a hobbs switch fo trigger the second pump. and i am in NO WAY squeezing out the numbers on this car. the motor is from a skyline and built to handle 750-800 all day long, which means pushing it to 600 is cake and should run for a long time at those levels. i HAVE slowed down alot from how i used to build cars....but i still enjoy it. this one has been a 4 year project.....i'm just glad to finally see some numbers out of it.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Always been a muscle car fan, my very first car was a 1970 Chevelle SS396. I still love the sound and feel of a well camed V8.

Rick

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This may be a dumb question but, I can't tell what kind of car that is from the picture. Is it distorted or something?

Robbie2883

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree! My daily driver is a 1968 Camaro with a 350. I love driving this car, so fun.

i have had a few v8's, but they are for the most part just too heavy and not as fun to drive as a lighter more nimble car. unless you want to spend a fortune on a zr1 or viper (and even vipers don't handle great out of the box). 500whp in a 2700lb car is TOTALLY different then 500hp in a 4000lb car.

This may be a dumb question but, I can't tell what kind of car that is from the picture. Is it distorted or something?
    that's because it's a link to the video. click it to see it non distorted.

MsChief

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a 2001 Honda S2000 that sees plenty of AutoX use. I run it in STR class.

I miss AutoX! I used to race a little 1991 Civic Si hatchback before Ivan. Couldn't ever find a place close enough to run after that and ended up getting rid of it. : -/ Where do you race at now?

And OP - NICE numbers dude! :cheer2:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love cars just don't spend the bucks on them anymore. Your little red creation looks like a barrel of fun!

I do get stuck working on my bosses collection a lot. One of my "when you aren't busy can you do ________? projects.

Funny and interesting thing happened last week, Boss has a restored 1957 Studebaker Goldenhawk and it wouldn't get out of it's own way. A mechanic friend and I have messed with it off and on for a few weeks when we had time. It would run OK and rev up just fine sitting still and if you drove it normally all was perfect but if you hammered it the motor would die. I replaced all tune up stuff. A little better but still fell on it's face when you nailed it. Checked dwell and that was bouncing all over so installed a completely rebuilt distributor. Dwell settled down but still no better. It appeared that the accelerator pump wasn't squirting so he threw in a new diaphragm. Still no luck.

The '57 G-Hawk came with a factory belt driven supercharger. Real crude by today's standards but was the ticket back when new.

Last Friday we pulled everything off the top again and started inspecting for anything we missed. My buddy was playing with the linkage when he noticed the choke butterfly was flopping loosely. The thermal spring in the mechanical choke had broken and the butterfly was free to go where it wanted. Under a light load it would follow the airflow and stay open but when you nailed it and the supercharger kicked in that big volume of air was slamming the door shut thus blocking the airflow completely.

Strange.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I agree on the choke thing but this Studebaker Sweepstakes 289 is a bitch to start cold without it.

Hisname: Was that you that posted about getting your Vette nailed by the Road Warrior bro in a parking lot?

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep , that was me. had the car for a year if you include the 6 months in Pete Moore being pieced back together.
    was so much fun and had every option , loved the HUD , tire pressure monitoring system , etc
    I have never had a wreak in my entire life but get hit every year and always while parked or stopped.
    been hit three times since the vette incident.
    got clipped while filling gas at a Citco , then had a truck roll into me because the guy didn't keep his foot on the brake , then a woman drove across the parking lot to look at my truck then ran into it when she got there saying she didn't realize the rear finders were so far out .
    all my vehicles are Turd magnets

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't ask to borrow my car HN!

j/k That sucks.

Only accident I've ever been in was 3 weeks after I got my driver's license on my 16th birthday. The car that broadsided me was unoccupied. I was driving through a residential neighborhood about the time some guy pulled into his steep driveway and jumped out with a box of KFC leaving it in neutral. I never saw it coming because there was a large delivery truck parked at the curb blocking the view.

Gaff

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Robbie, it's me Paul, with the R34. Need to meet up some time and check out your car.

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice car and great numbers Rob. I have an original L98 special order IROC tucked away in the garage :)

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    nice...i miss auto. i used to run a little spec v in the st class. it was a blast.

I think that I remember you and your sentra from the Racing Pensacola / Fighters Garage forums, couldn't be too many robbie2883's floating around :D

JCWRX

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Really sweet ride man. I'm just getting started with my WRX. I'm trying my best to do some research before I get into heavy mods. Everyone around my neck of the woods is into dirt track or Mustangs or Camaros so I'm kind of on my on. I'm just hoping to get 350whp to all four.

Top Bottom