HD Tactical

Who does Cerakoting? Preferably in Baldwin County, AL.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't recommend Panhandle at all, they do good stuff but they are expensive and they don't have a price list. They eyeball their prices so it's not consistent. I paid almost $600 for some stuff there that Tim probably would of charged me $150. I just got done doing some business with Tim at Baywatch. He did a complete AR and pieces of another for me for a very reasonable price and it turned out great. He's been doing cerakote almost since the stuff came out and knows what he's talking about. I don't know what the deal is with those charges that someone threw up, but I'd be willing to bet it was some deadbeat customers. But either way, I'll still go back to Tim.

http://www.baywatcharms.com/cerakote_refinish_01.html

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Might want to do some more research.....It was NOT deadbeat customers that got him in hot water.....and that was not the only issue.
    I have not done business with him....initially because he is way out in Walnut Hill - but finally because he seems to either do good work...or totally screw you out of your money or property.
    Now Im just going on the experiences relayed by friends, and other members on here ( in addition to the court records).
    I HAVE done business with Panhandle ...and I thought the prices were very fair. They did an outstanding job on my Saiga 12. They Quote the work BEFORE they do the work ....so its not like you didn't know what you were being charged before you agreed for them to do the work.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My statement about it being because of deadbeat customers wasn't fact! It was just my opinion. Like it was my opinion that Panhandle was expensive. Panhandle does do good work, that's an opinion as well. But when they have a very limited pricing list for their cerakote, and he says "you'll have to bring it in for a quote." Well lets say I'm not going back, and that's a fact.

Panhandle sort of quoted me, he (being the old man, can't remember his name) told me it'd be around $450.00 and I was fine with that. But when the bill came in it was almost $150 bucks more and he had some excuse about having to order the stuff he doesn't keep in stock. I tired to argue with the dude, but I'm in Panama City, and he wouldn't take my calls when I would call, I kept leaving messages with the receptionist. So after a couple weeks of playing peek-a-boo I just paid over the phone and had a buddy up there go pick up my stuff.

And I didn't say Tim was the greatest and most honest guy there is, but my dealings with him have been great so far. That's also a fact.

Do you know for a fact that all those charges were not deadbeat customers?

I'm very big on separating fact from opinion. If I misquote a fact then by all means call me on it. But you get upset about my opinion, grow some thicker skin. Everyone has an opinion, that's also a fact!

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My statement about it being because of deadbeat customers wasn't fact! It was just my opinion. Like it was my opinion that Panhandle was expensive. Panhandle does do good work, that's an opinion as well. But when they have a very limited pricing list for their cerakote, and he says "you'll have to bring it in for a quote." Well lets say I'm not going back, and that's a fact.

Panhandle sort of quoted me, he (being the old man, can't remember his name) told me it'd be around $450.00 and I was fine with that. But when the bill came in it was almost $150 bucks more and he had some excuse about having to order the stuff he doesn't keep in stock. I tired to argue with the dude, but I'm in Panama City, and he wouldn't take my calls when I would call, I kept leaving messages with the receptionist. So after a couple weeks of playing peek-a-boo I just paid over the phone and had a buddy up there go pick up my stuff.

And I didn't say Tim was the greatest and most honest guy there is, but my dealings with him have been great so far. That's also a fact.

Do you know for a fact that all those charges were not deadbeat customers?

I'm very big on separating fact from opinion. If I misquote a fact then by all means call me on it. But you get upset about my opinion, grow some thicker skin. Everyone has an opinion, that's also a fact!
    Since I live in Pcola...I just drove over to the Panhandle shop....and they printed me a quote. Maybe they have changed they way they do that....I don't know. Its always good to have a solid quote before letting anyone work on your personal property.
    As I understand it....the deal with Baywatch was that a group of individuals from the fishing forum gave Tim money up front for a group purchase of Yeti coolers. As I understand it...none of the members ever received their coolers OR their money back.
    I believe there was also another customer that shipped items to him to be coated....and had a difficult time getting them back. I believe that some of the pff members had to get involved to get the property returned.
    Any time you have to give your personal property to another individual - you are taking a chance. Tim may be a nice guy, and do good work....but you have to be careful about handing over firearms to anyone for any purpose.
    Looks like Tim's charges were dismissed: http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xmlBM.asp?ucase_id=667723
    Take it for what its worth.....still 7 counts of theft......enough evidence to put him in jail until bond. Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy that the court decided not to follow through with the prosecution. Maybe someone else knows why .....civil matter?

PS: I didn't get upset about your opinion....but stating that it is safe for others to follow in your path - without even researching the facts is negligent. Opinions are Opinions...but should be based on something more than your "gut"

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    With cerakote, I can see how it's somewhat hard to price quote a big lot like I had taken to Panhandle. But cerakote isn't their primary job, they do powder coating first and foremost. I emailed the guy a very specific list of what I wanted coated and what colors. His answer was bring it up and I can give you an quote. So I did that as I did Tim because I want to meet these people and look at their operation. I've been taken by just sending stuff off to some far away land going off websites and people's opinion. And when I got my stuff up there, he took it all out, laid it out on his desk and took about 3 minutes of looking and thinking to say, it'll be about $450.00. That was back in Jan of this year I believe. And they still took almost a month doing the job. Knowing what I know now, I wish I would of knew Tim back then. Maybe they have changed since I took my stuff to them.

As I understand it....the deal with Baywatch was that a group of individuals from the fishing forum gave Tim money up front for a group purchase of Yeti coolers. As I understand it...none of the members ever received their coolers OR their money back.
    I believe there was also another customer that shipped items to him to be coated....and had a difficult time getting them back. I believe that some of the pff members had to get involved to get the property returned.

And just for clarification, stuff like this is hearsay. It's just rumor. Which doesn't mean anything to any rational person. Just put the facts out there and forget spreading rumors. The way I look at it, you shouldn't put anything out there as fact unless you know for certain is true and can back it up. If you don't know it's true then you're just spreading rumors and that doesn't help anyone.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With cerakote, I can see how it's somewhat hard to price quote a big lot like I had taken to Panhandle. But cerakote isn't their primary job, they do powder coating first and foremost. I emailed the guy a very specific list of what I wanted coated and what colors. His answer was bring it up and I can give you an quote. So I did that as I did Tim because I want to meet these people and look at their operation. I've been taken by just sending stuff off to some far away land going off websites and people's opinion. And when I got my stuff up there, he took it all out, laid it out on his desk and took about 3 minutes of looking and thinking to say, it'll be about $450.00. That was back in Jan of this year I believe. And they still took almost a month doing the job. Knowing what I know now, I wish I would of knew Tim back then. Maybe they have changed since I took my stuff to them.

And just for clarification, stuff like this is hearsay. It's just rumor. Which doesn't mean anything to any rational person. Just put the facts out there and forget spreading rumors. The way I look at it, you shouldn't put anything out there as fact unless you know for certain is true and can back it up. If you don't know it's true then you're just spreading rumors and that doesn't help anyone.

You really act like this didn't happen..... are you Tim?
    If anyone wants to know what happened, they can visit the PFF , and I'm sure the guys on there that got ripped off will be glad to set you straight.....facts and all.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I don't recommend Panhandle at all, they do good stuff but they are expensive and they don't have a price list. They eyeball their prices so it's not consistent. I paid almost $600 for some stuff there that Tim probably would of charged me $150. I just got done doing some business with Tim at Baywatch. He did a complete AR and pieces of another for me for a very reasonable price and it turned out great. He's been doing cerakote almost since the stuff came out and knows what he's talking about. I don't know what the deal is with those charges that someone threw up, but I'd be willing to bet it was some deadbeat customers. But either way, I'll still go back to Tim.

http://www.baywatcharms.com/cerakote_refinish_01.html

You are lucky to have gotten your gun back and the finish good...others have not been so lucky dealing w a thief. Not rumors but FACTS

Top Bottom