• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    there trying to pinch us. but its alot of fun. this thing surprisingly shoots great . even with just 3d printed sights im looking to put a sight on her here soon trying to decide what i want lol
    With that rail already being that high I'd recommend some irons like CZ scorpions irons I have. They are super low, and even come with 4 diopter rings. I think the old metal ones like mine are now kind of a collectors thing as they quit sending them new with them at one point. I'd have to check into that again and see if they're sold anymore.
    ANR design makes some cool mounts for red dots that have built in irons tho. That and a Romeo4 would pair well with that I bet

Offshorelivein

Dillweed
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    What printer are you using? I have an ender 3. What filament brands are you liking? Is that PLA?
    its the bambu lab x carbon same size bed as yours. im using polymaker pla pro do not use just pla for bubble guns unless you want a missing hand lol i started with the ender 3 and printed many glock lowers on it.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I want to upgrade to a printer that can handle higher temps for petg and abs. The ender 3 doesn’t like being that hot for long periods. Always seems to clog

Offshorelivein

Dillweed
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I want to upgrade to a printer that can handle higher temps for petg and abs. The ender 3 doesn’t like being that hot for long periods. Always seems to clog
    yeah the ender works good with the pla plus but anything more it falls short. the bambu lab is nuts.. by far my best printer i have thrown everything at it and not a problem carbon fiber / abs and its so fast its worth its money for sure.

shootersid94

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Looks great! I haven't attempted a lower or chassis, but I have experimented with some gun and hunting related prints. I have been thinking about how to design a lightweight brass catcher for a handgun.
    I have a CR 6 SE with a Micro Swiss extruder and hot end upgrade that is capable of up to 285C. Have done a few 24-36 hr PETG prints, works great!

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk

Offshorelivein

Dillweed
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Looks great! I haven't attempted a lower or chassis, but I have experimented with some gun and hunting related prints. I have been thinking about how to design a lightweight brass catcher for a handgun.
    I have a CR 6 SE with a Micro Swiss extruder and hot end upgrade that is capable of up to 285C. Have done a few 24-36 hr PETG prints, works great!

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk
    cr6 is a great printer i was going to get that one but ended up getting the one i have now. i have a few bubble guns up and running my favorite is the g19 i carry
    20230101_090457.jpg

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What filament did you use for the G19? Are you printing at 100% fill? Where are you getting your files from? I’m still trying to perfect my methods

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    polymaker pla pro. always 100% infill defcad is a source for files
    IMG_6461.jpeg

IMG_6462.jpeg

Supports are obviously needed. Which way prints the best quality? Rails down has less supports but supports are in the rail area where a lot of tiny components go. Rail up has more supports but on the frame where it’s not as important. Which way would you advise to print? I see your one pic shows rails down in cad

Offshorelivein

Dillweed
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    View attachment 230254
    View attachment 230255

Supports are obviously needed. Which way prints the best quality? Rails down has less supports but supports are in the rail area where a lot of tiny components go. Rail up has more supports but on the frame where it’s not as important. Which way would you advise to print? I see your one pic shows rails down in cad
    always rails down unless the designer says otherwise. make sure your wall count is good also i normally print around 3 walls . and .15 layer height

Top Bottom