• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Been thinking of carrying a revolver here lately. Maybe a S&W model 60, but really leaning towards a S&W model 327PC if I can find one for a good price.

Anyone carrying a revolver in a kydex holster? I really don't want to go leather for a few reasons. Any recommendations on who makes a good one?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have had a couple kydex holsters for revolvers but they were always much bigger than leather options.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I believe Dark Star gear or maybe Phlster has a good option for the six shooter stuff.

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I had once a looper kydex holster that carried a model 37. The combination would allow iwb carry in gym shirts honestly, don’t know if the company is even still around.

carried a 686 snub in a jogan owb that I put iwb clips onto. I knocked off all corners and fields with a Dremel then angled the edges and buffed en smooth, but that’s a big heavy gun to run around behind your belt buckle.

my preference with j frames are fast backs(centennials, 642 etc) with crimson trace that cover the backstrap and a lasermax under barrel light(because for 50$, why not?) all wrapped into my right front pocket.

for iwb I prefer to step up to a colt agent or 10 snub

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I have a kydex hip holster for my Airweight for snakes on the river. The leather holsters kept getting wet and sweaty and disintegrating. I like it and it works well, but it scratched up the finish on my Airweight. I prefer leather ankle holsters for CC'ing the Airweight as a BUG. I did buy a used kydex ankle holster to try out, after the knee deep snow kept soaking the leather. With carpenter pants and also insulated bibs with zippered legs it was do-able, but anything less baggy was a no go. I can put my Airweight in its leather ankle holster as a BUG and put it under any pair of pants I want to

Last edited:

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Been thinking of carrying a revolver here lately. Maybe a S&W model 60, but really leaning towards a S&W model 327PC if I can find one for a good price.

Anyone carrying a revolver in a kydex holster? I really don't want to go leather for a few reasons. Any recommendations on who makes a good one?

Iwb or owb? I’d be interested in hearing your reasons. I have an ETW leather holster and I really like it. I can post pic if that interests you.

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Here is a picture of mine. I took a dremel to it when I got it and cut the notch so the Crimson Trace grip I had would clear. This also shows the DCC clip that I changed to.
    6f8c501577bb46565cd03a0e9e7a5bde.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Iwb or owb? I’d be interested in hearing your reasons. I have an ETW leather holster and I really like it. I can post pic if that interests you.
    I'd be fine with either. I mainly dislike leather because this time of year, after about 3 days they smell like a foot. Also, the lack of rigidity can cause a part of the holster to get hung up it the trigger guard resulting in a NG (probably not near as like given the heavy trigger pull of a DA wheel gun, but still) just makes me nervous. I practice my draw several times a week and don't want to accidentally shoot myself in the leg because of something silly like a holster.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I'd be fine with either. I mainly dislike leather because this time of year, after about 3 days they smell like a foot. Also, the lack of rigidity can cause a part of the holster to get hung up it the trigger guard resulting in a NG (probably not near as like given the heavy trigger pull of a DA wheel gun, but still) just makes me nervous. I practice my draw several times a week and don't want to accidentally shoot myself in the leg because of something silly like a holster.

My cousin shot himself right down the side of his leg while putting a DA/SA in his pocket. Somehow he managed to find the hammer cocked halfway thru the motion, and he tried to be discreet about riding the hammer down IN HIS POCKET while on a live range and trying to discreetly re-conceal a pistol he was just shooting. He lost control of the hammer. He'll never do that again. He's lucky the ricochet didn't hit anybody. He's lucky he didn't hit an artery and bleed out. And he knows it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I believe that the "secret" to having any pistol or revo on your person is the holster and the belt. This,for IWB or OWB carry in ANY position(clock).
    There are leather products made that have different levels of stiffness to them. Some you can completely immerse in water,and when they dry out thay return to their factory condition.
    I really do not like kydex,but I own several. A real plus for kydex is that with most holsters you can easily set the level of retention desired. Plus they are easily washable using chemicals if you feel the need. You can also paint them to your satisfaction.
    To me a Fobus would be for hunting club carry only. But then,I would much rather have a Blackhawk SERPA fot the L2 retention thing.
    For me,for EDC it is always leather. Good leather. Well made/designed leather. $60.+ leather. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom