• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fng1911

Expert
    I run a G26 w laser, 15 rd mags and OTF auto knife, Truck gun is the Sub 2000 or CAA Tactical using my G 19 w laser, 33 rd mags in the truck guns w spare33's that fit all guns. Too many 3000 lumen flashlights to mention and a couple headlamps
    Awesome, can I ask why a laser

SAWMAN

Master
    FRANK - - -> Don't do it - - -> . . . --- SAWMAN

Ricochet

Master
    I found a picture of the one I lost swimming.

Sig P320 Compact
    Ambi manual safety
    Norsso slide
    Wilson Combat grip module with mag release
    Trijicon suppressor height night sights
    Trijicon SRO red dot

Sure miss that pistol!

View attachment 98773
    I love it!

What is the norsso slide? Specifically the grove at the fron of the slide that looks like a mini handle?

Also did you not want to put the straight trigger from Gray Guns?

SAWMAN

Master
    Glock 33 in a Galco Concealment holster. Snap cap in the chamber for safety. Full mag of Double Tap 125gr Sierra HP at 1450(4" bbl), with a Glock 32 mag for reload. Two different blades. One for "normal" usage is a karambit auto the other is a double edge partially serrated fighter. (GERBER MKII) I sometimes carry a 13" expandable ASP also.
    For club carry,in the woods carry,hunting backup carry,it is a Glock 32 with a Glock 31 mag for a reload. This,using Hornady 147gr XTP's. Carried in a "non trainer" Blackhawk SERPA. (I know . . fer shame,fer shame) ---- SAWMAN

timc

Expert
    Usually a Shield in 9mm. Has an Apex trigger in it. Loaded with 147gr HST’s currently. Spare 8 round mag , Benchmade 9050 AFO I’ve had for probably 20 years.
    Sometimes I might carry a Sig P320sc.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    I love it!

What is the norsso slide? Specifically the grove at the fron of the slide that looks like a mini handle?

Also did you not want to put the straight trigger from Gray Guns?
    Thanks R. The flat trigger is my next purchase. Possibly Apex because it shortens take-up and is supposedly 30% lighter than the factory trigger. Im doing some research.

From Norsso:
    The Norsso Vector is a Sig Sauer P320 compact/carry compatible aftermarket slide that norsso manufactures in-house at tjeir shop in Las Vegas. They start with a 17-4 stainless steel billet and CNC mill the critical dimensions creating a slide blank. To achieve the ability to modify the exterior of the slide, Norsso leaves mass in the forward area of the slide near the muzzle. This allows Norsso to remove more material in other areas of the slide for porting, customization and enhanced serrations. Without the redesigned slide blank, you run the risk of an unreliable firearm from large amounts of slide milling. Heavily modifying the factory compact P320 slide is generally frowned upon in the Sig community. For this reason and the standard forward serrations that are provided from the factory, Norsso designed an aftermarket solution.

Ricochet

Master
    Thanks R. The flat trigger is my next purchase. Possibly Apex because it shortens take-up and is supposedly 30% lighter than the factory trigger. Im doing some research.

From Norsso:
    The Norsso Vector is a Sig Sauer P320 compact/carry compatible aftermarket slide that norsso manufactures in-house at tjeir shop in Las Vegas. They start with a 17-4 stainless steel billet and CNC mill the critical dimensions creating a slide blank. To achieve the ability to modify the exterior of the slide, Norsso leaves mass in the forward area of the slide near the muzzle. This allows Norsso to remove more material in other areas of the slide for porting, customization and enhanced serrations. Without the redesigned slide blank, you run the risk of an unreliable firearm from large amounts of slide milling. Heavily modifying the factory compact P320 slide is generally frowned upon in the Sig community. For this reason and the standard forward serrations that are provided from the factory, Norsso designed an aftermarket solution.
    There was a prominent HK forum member - I believe he was involved with HK/worked for them for many years - who shocked many in the forum 3 years ago when he touted this gun over the HK USP compact. He loved the trigger in this gun. ( he passed away shortly after that, I forget his name but he was a name in the industry ).

I mentioned Gray Guns because it is the one I put on my HK P30 and I did not have a choice. It shortened take up by almost half but HK triggers are shitty ( as much as I love the guns for almost everything else ). And I got a "feeling" of lightness because it increased the leverage. The short reset kit was installed and the hammer spring and sear spring were changed as well. The combination gave a HUGE improvement but still not a crisp break and I understand that can never be improved.

That slide looks interesting to me by much! I believe form should follows function so I will look into it as far a what it does to improve performance.

Thank you for that info. And by the way that red dot is my favorite though I have not purchased it yet.
    I am thinking of going with the 1 MOA and spending $500 not sure of what you need is not something I can afford to do.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    IMO a 1MOA dot is too small for a carry pistol. At the "normal" combat ranges a 3MOA would be my smallest.
    Never shot with a 6 so that could do me as well. This,given my idea of the "normal" combat range is shorter than most peoples idea.
    We trained at arms length,3,5,and 7yds. Every now and then I would slip in some practice shots at 15. I would train the ladies at "get off me",arms length,and 5yds . . . ONLY. ---- SAWMAN
    ADDED: I would also be interested in a circle/dot combo. Dot being 3MOA and circle being no more than 30MOA. - -> AND - -> IN GREEN.

Ricochet

Master
    IMO a 1MOA dot is too small for a carry pistol. At the "normal" combat ranges a 3MOA would be my smallest.
    Never shot with a 6 so that could do me as well. This,given my idea of the "normal" combat range is shorter than most peoples idea.
    We trained at arms length,3,5,and 7yds. Every now and then I would slip in some practice shots at 15. I would train the ladies at "get off me",arms length,and 5yds . . . ONLY. ---- SAWMAN
    ADDED: I would also be interested in a circle/dot combo. Dot being 3MOA and circle being no more than 30MOA. - -> AND - -> IN GREEN.
    Thanks SAWMAN!
    My indecision is between the SRO 2.5 MOA and 1 MOA. With the setting on bright the dot appears bigger than it is.

It is a shame it cannot be tried in practice as what you are saying makes sense. Though for some strange reason I prefer a small dot.
    I don't really have any experience to opine except on my HKs, combat 3 big dot sights I tend to focus on the sights and loose awareness of the target.
    On the FK BRNO and the Grand Power the front sight is quite different from the rear both in size and shape ( and color on the FKBRNO ) and not only do I pick that up a lot faster I retain awareness of what is beyond.

I highly prefer that because it doesn't overwhelm my tiny female brain ( LOL - remember I did not grow up with guns and was severely brain washed against it. )

A circle dot combo would be ideal for me ( I assume you mean like in the rifle scopes ) but that SRO window ( Jerry's red dot ) was a strong preference for me and they only come with the dot.
    I couldn't find the dot for the life of me in the RMR
    ( and it felt like the old school TVs playing the game Atari.)

What I love is a the idea to "point and shoot" .
    At 3-5 yards I am hoping I will be able to " point and shoot" accurately. Don't know if it is realistic but how did they do it shooting from the hips in the old days...

SAWMAN

Master
    If the dot seems bigger than it really is you have it up too bright. That is called "bloom". Or if there is no brightness you could possibly have an eye problem.
    My EDC pistol,my woods gun,and my "old man gun" Glock 42,have a LaserMax guide rod laser installed. My hunting Glock 20 has the same but it the true daylight green.
    Great things about this type of targeting device is that you can use any holster designed for the gun. You do not have to bring the weapon up to eye level to acquire your target. You can forget about lineing up the sights or positioning the front sight on target. You can shoot with both eyes open so that your peripheral vision is greatly improved/not obstructed so you can detect other possible targets when/while you engage the principal. The guide rod laser is completely ambidextrous and either eye looks streight down it at eye level.
    The green laser is much more compact,brighter,and the human eye can see green better than red.
    I have been using the LaserMax lasers for some years now and have never had a failure to feed,failure to extract/eject,or failure to have my slide lock back with last shot/empty mag.
    They are super easy to install in a Glock,there is no windage or elevation to fiddle with,and mine have been within a inch up/down and right on left/right at 25yds. ---- SAWMAN

Ricochet

Master
    If the dot seems bigger than it really is you have it up too bright. That is called "bloom". Or if there is no brightness you could possibly have an eye problem.
    My EDC pistol,my woods gun,and my "old man gun" Glock 42,have a LaserMax guide rod laser installed. My hunting Glock 20 has the same but it the true daylight green.
    Great things about this type of targeting device is that you can use any holster designed for the gun. You do not have to bring the weapon up to eye level to acquire your target. You can forget about lineing up the sights or positioning the front sight on target. You can shoot with both eyes open so that your peripheral vision is greatly improved/not obstructed so you can detect other possible targets when/while you engage the principal. The guide rod laser is completely ambidextrous and either eye looks streight down it at eye level.
    The green laser is much more compact,brighter,and the human eye can see green better than red.
    I have been using the LaserMax lasers for some years now and have never had a failure to feed,failure to extract/eject,or failure to have my slide lock back with last shot/empty mag.
    They are super easy to install in a Glock,there is no windage or elevation to fiddle with,and mine have been within a inch up/down and right on left/right at 25yds. ---- SAWMAN
    I looked up LaserMax and my husband did buy something similar, I think.
    I have it on The HK P30 and it felt like cheating, hahaha..
    This is the one we have:
    Screenshot_20201129-170104.png

Top Bottom