• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gravity3694

Expert
    I also have been to many states who have the laws but see no one walking around strapped

I wonder if I can build a holster for my Krink 74 pistol ? it should be all the rage. perhaps the 300BO pistol suppressed

There was an individual in Tennessee who opened carried a Krink pistol. He got arrested and detained, but was eventually released. He was obviously looking to cause attention and got it. He also didn't get much sympathy from the gun crowd; even the pro open carry people. Just because it legally is a pistol doesn't mean that its going to be perceived as such. Bottom line, don't be stupid if your going to OC or even conceal.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/gunman-vows-continue-carrying-ak-47-parks

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    There was an individual in Tennessee who opened carried a Krink pistol. He got arrested and detained, but was eventually released. He was obviously looking to cause attention and got it. He also didn't get much sympathy from the gun crowd; even the pro open carry people. Just because it legally is a pistol doesn't mean that its going to be perceived as such. Bottom line, don't be stupid if your going to OC or even conceal.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/gunman-vows-continue-carrying-ak-47-parks

Yes Great idea now all i need is a open carry holster for my Kel-Tec PLR16. I do love some high quaility bad attention!!!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I am pretty sure that guy with the krink is/was a frequent poster on silencer talk, always trying to cause trouble and push the limits of the law.

From what I recall, he was suing the local CLEO for refusing to sign a form 4. Trouble makers like that give us, as gun owners, a bad name.

glock

Expert
    Those pants look like Florida dept of corrections uniform pants. Maybe he just got off work and still has his gun belt on?

2ndAmendmentShooting

Master
    Local Dealer
    I followed the legislation of the wording for 790.053(1) and also have the annotated statutes. It was written so if you are carrying concealed, and your shirt pops up accidently revealing your weapon and someone sees it, no harm no foul. The state attorney's have great leniancy when it comes to charging. There was a case in Broward where a non felonious cwp holder, but was a "homie" per se, purposely lifted his shirt to showoff to his buddies. A neighbor caught it, reported him and he got busted under this statute.

The 2012 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
    CRIMES
    Chapter 790
    WEAPONS AND FIREARMS
    View Entire Chapter
    790.053 Open carrying of weapons.—
    (1) Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device. It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.
    (2) A person may openly carry, for purposes of lawful self-defense:
    (a) A self-defense chemical spray.
    (b) A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.
    (3) Any person violating this section commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
    History.—s. 1, ch. 87-537; s. 173, ch. 91-224; s. 3, ch. 97-72; s. 1205, ch. 97-102; s. 3, ch. 2006-298; s. 1, ch. 2011-145.

Link: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ng=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.053.html

outside9

Master
    Those pants look like Florida dept of corrections uniform pants. Maybe he just got off work and still has his gun belt on?

No they were not. I cropped the photo, he was wearing what I call girl shorts, came down past his knees and has ties at the cuff.

Gravity3694

Expert
    I am pretty sure that guy with the krink is/was a frequent poster on silencer talk, always trying to cause trouble and push the limits of the law.

From what I recall, he was suing the local CLEO for refusing to sign a form 4. Trouble makers like that give us, as gun owners, a bad name.

Yeah, IIRC the CLEO refused to sign and noted on the paperwork that he was unsure if said Krink owner was going to use the suppressor on the form for legal reasons. Among other things this guy posted on ARFCOM wanting to buy AP ammo for the krink and painted the flash hider on the krink orange in order to deceive people into thinking it was an airsoft rifle.

Its antics like this that really set back firearms rights.

Top Bottom