Whats the average price of an sks at moment?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southalabama

Master
    I asked an older guy on the forum and I won’t mention his name has what’s best described as an arsenal of weapons, ammunition, powder and other reloading components how do you know what will be collectible or what do you need to hoard?

His answer was everything prices will never go back.

Over a period of time that’s correct. The days of the $100 sks and $80 mosins has long since passed. Had to buy them at the correct moment in time.

Knowing what To buy is critical. Resources are limited. A local gun shop has a savage rascal on sale for $100. Online is a $30 rebate. Never will we see a $70 22 rifle again. I’ve put one up for my kid. Only having one kid but at that price tempted to put up a second one.

Wishing now I’d bought another sks back in the day. That ship sailed. Keep looking forward.

What are todays deals that you’ll kick yourself over in the future? Ruger wranglers and heritage arms 22’s??

jettjon

Expert
    I asked an older guy on the forum and I won’t mention his name has what’s best described as an arsenal of weapons, ammunition, powder and other reloading components how do you know what will be collectible or what do you need to hoard?

Over a period of time that’s correct. The days of the $100 sks and $80 mosins has long since passed. Had to buy them at the correct moment in time.

Knowing what To buy is critical. Resources are limited. A local gun shop has a savage rascal on sale for $100. Online is a $30 rebate. Never will we see a $70 22 rifle again. I’ve put one up for my kid. Only having one kid but at that price tempted to put up a second one.

Wishing now I’d bought another sks back in the day. That ship sailed. Keep looking forward.

What are todays deals that you’ll kick yourself over in the future? Ruger wranglers and heritage arms 22’s??
    Yeah this is why I rarely sell stuff anymore. And it's why I'm always on the prowl for "deals" and am ready to snatch them up when they present themselves. And my $120 SKS paratrooper carbine is safe wayyyyy in the back of the safe lol

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance

Yep it all goes up. Re: wrangler, Heritage the only difference I can see is the ceracoate wranglers are finished better. Other than that they seem to be the same. +1 ruger for finish, +1 Heritage for cylinder swap 22, 22 mag.

Miami_JBT

Expert

Today's high prices are tomorrow's deals for the most part. But not everything will be a collector grade guns.

Military surplus always goes up in price because they are of limited availability and inventory. Once that initial supply dries up, that's it. What's on the market is on the market. Supply will drop but demand won't.

Now, some guns will never become valuable. Every Titan Tiger and Röhm revolver was a piece of junk then and is a piece of junk now. Same goes for other low-grade consumer for the most part. A Hi-Point won't become collectable tomorrow, it is what it is.

But generally speaking, quality products do retain their value. A Beretta 92FS made in 1990 is still holding its value. Same goes for a 1970 made Remington 870 Wingmaster.

In under a decade, every pinned and recessed S&W revolver ever made will qualify as a C&R. Prices will continue to gradually go up on them. As Colt continues to produce new revolvers, the older ones will continue to gain value.

But in the end, value in guns is not intrinsic. It is artificial due to market demands and pressures.

SKS Carbines are rising in price due to no more are being imported into the US. You still have a demand for them and they became a collector item because they were cheap at one point. It didn't cost a collector a ton of money to have every variant of the SKS. Same happened for the Mosin-Nagant, Mauser, Enfield, 1911, M1 Carbine, etc.

Southalabama

Master
    I was in college and broke when the Mausers flooded the market. I recall getting the Sportmans Guide with 1890’s Mausers where you could order direct wishing I had a $100 to buy one.

Miami_JBT

Expert
    I was in college and broke when the Mausers flooded the market. I recall getting the Sportmans Guide with 1890’s Mausers where you could order direct wishing I had a $100 to buy one.
    I paid under $200 for my primo-conditioned Israeli 7.62 NATO Mauser. Have you seen what they go for these days?

Southalabama

Master
    I paid under $200 for my primo-conditioned Israeli 7.62 NATO Mauser. Have you seen what they go for these days?
    Yep. Those days gone.
    Surplus weapons seem to be drying up or import restrictions prevent them from entering the country.

Trying to stay focused now on what to buy. Quality always perseveres but some bargains to be had. Just have to identify them.

Top Bottom