• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5lima30ret

Master
    I have not used it in a an ultrasonic cleaner, but my go-to degreaser for greasy auto parts is Purple Power mixed with Dawn Power wash! It works really good as a stain remover on laundry as well!

Rootshot

Shooter
    Not an expert here, but I do have 2 cans and was researching ways to clean them without having to buy more machinery. I've owned an ultrasonic cleaner in the past for case cleaning and was generally disappointed.

The biggest cleaning challenge was a 22LR can that cakes up with carbon / lead. I tried several methods until I tried soaking the titanium baffles in CLR. This does an AMAZING job in knocking off deposits in a few hours and returning the metal to a "factory new". I only use this on titanium and stainless components.

big jon

Marksman
    if you let it set on the bottom it can damage the transducers you should suspend items in a basket in middle of solution
    also h freight has an ammonium crystal mix that works good ammonia is a good cleaner for just soaking but dont leave anything in it for long or it will disappear

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    if you let it set on the bottom it can damage the transducers you should suspend items in a basket in middle of solution
    also h freight has an ammonium crystal mix that works good ammonia is a good cleaner for just soaking but dont leave anything in it for long or it will disappear
    Yep has a plastic basket, tray.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    You need a guide rod. And not one of the overpriced ones. McMaster Carr has what you need cheap. I'll dig for a part # for the correct .22 size. I would not shoot without checking.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    You need a guide rod. And not one of the overpriced ones. McMaster Carr has what you need cheap. I'll dig for a part # for the correct .22 size. I would not shoot without checking.
    Thanks. Thought I had a cap strike the other day, no just crud. Whew.

Top Bottom