• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jettjon

Expert
    So far I have dipped a toe in getting a mid-range model on Amazon with Simple Green. Couple tips I've read are to use HOT water going in, don't rely on the thing to heat it up for you. Also put your item and solvent in a bag in the water so you don't get it inside of your unit. Then same thing if you want to lube it, lube goes in a bag in the water. Or you can buy two units, one for solvent one for lube. Seems to work OK in my limited experience.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I have not tried the bag trick. We have a suvie so I'll have to try that bag deal out.
    Simple green works good. I use it everywhere.

ABlaster

Marksman
    I saw a guy many years ago that just kept water in his and he would fill plastic water bottles with gasoline to put small parts in. Honestly it worked better than it should have. Small engine repair guy, not a gun guy, but carbon, heat, friction, and old grease were things his parts had to deal with as well.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Got it cooking now. Wow all kinds of crap inside. Stainless is a copper color.( pre shooting) We'll see what it looks like after. No strikes on baffles, was worried.

BluesBrother

Master
    I don't think you can go wrong with Simple Green for an ultrasonic cleaner. However, this is an interesting 7 minute Utube video. I've used this formula with great results.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Heats up good, only runs for 480 seconds max then kicks off. Ran it 4 times so far. I'll let it soak for a few hours and we'll see. Tooth brush it off.

ABlaster

Marksman
    The reason I'm following this closely is because I'm planning on cutting some items off my "seldom used but the task is important" list, and one of those items is my stainless steel tumbler. It's a relatively bulky and certainly a uni-tasker, but nothing I have ever found makes brass cases look like brand new better than it can. If I can get even similar results out of an ultrasonic, I will dump my tumbler in a heartbeat with the bonus being that I can use the ultrasonic for other stuff as well.

Top Bottom