• ...and so much more!
  • G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Tons of businesses have closed up. Those that could, moved employees to other stores. Majority are just gone outta business. I left the bay area in 2004 and haven't a single regret to report. It was beginning to circle the toilet bowl then, but looks like the flush is now finished... sad to see such a proud, beautiful city tirn into an absolute cesspool of homeless camps that are riddled with crimes, rampant drug use and literally shit, actual human feces everywhere.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I'm not defending SF in any way, but from what I read, shoplifting was not made legal, just downgraded to a minor misdemeanor with little enforcement.

Theft Offenses​

Proposition 4 7 created new misdemeanors and reclassified several felony theft offenses as misdemeanors. The new misdemeanor provisions do not apply to persons with one or more prior convictions for offenses under Penal Code section 667(e)(2)(C)(iv) or for sex offenses that require registration under Penal Code section 290(c). The new provisions include:
    • Shoplifting. The proposition added Penal Code section 459.5 to create a new misdemeanor offense called "shoplifting," punishable by up to 6 months in county jail. Shoplifting would be defined as "entering a commercial establishment with intent to commit larceny while that establishment is open during regular business hours" where the value of the property does not exceed $950. Any other entry into a commercial establishment with intent to commit larceny is burglary. Any act of shoplifting as defined above must be charged as shoplifting. No person charged with shoplifting may also be charged with burglary or theft of the same property.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not defending SF in any way, but from what I read, shoplifting was not made legal, just downgraded to a minor misdemeanor with little enforcement.

Theft Offenses​

Proposition 4 7 created new misdemeanors and reclassified several felony theft offenses as misdemeanors. The new misdemeanor provisions do not apply to persons with one or more prior convictions for offenses under Penal Code section 667(e)(2)(C)(iv) or for sex offenses that require registration under Penal Code section 290(c). The new provisions include:
    • Shoplifting. The proposition added Penal Code section 459.5 to create a new misdemeanor offense called "shoplifting," punishable by up to 6 months in county jail. Shoplifting would be defined as "entering a commercial establishment with intent to commit larceny while that establishment is open during regular business hours" where the value of the property does not exceed $950. Any other entry into a commercial establishment with intent to commit larceny is burglary. Any act of shoplifting as defined above must be charged as shoplifting. No person charged with shoplifting may also be charged with burglary or theft of the same property.
    I see you can still can get up to six month for it

''"shoplifting," punishable by up to 6 months in county jail.''

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    People have posted that half of Walgreens is being stolen and sold at an outdoor market right down the street.

This is ridiculous. People wanting Walgreens to stay open and lose money so they benefit by having a store on the corner. Business doesn't work like that. If it's not profitable no reason to stay open. Can't get any dumber than that. They even started a petition demanding they stay open.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People have posted that half of Walgreens is being stolen and sold at an outdoor market right down the street.

This is ridiculous. People wanting Walgreens to stay open and lose money so they benefit by having a store on the corner. Business doesn't work like that. If it's not profitable no reason to stay open. Can't get any dumber than that. They even started a petition demanding they stay open.
    When I was a student I did work on the west side of Chicago after the King Riots. All of the businesses had been looted and many burned. Most business that reopened closed at five PM due to danger. Imagine if just to go to a supermarket you would have to travel some miles to do so.
    Businesses and services such as banks were all gone.
    Now in 2020 in long beach Ca the Crips:
    ''

Long Beach Crips Gang runs Antifa/BLM looters out of their neighborhood''​

panxerox

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Really!? you must have "intent to shoplift"? So this is just a get out of jail free card, just say the moment moved me to snag some merch officer ! I din do nuffin on purpose, dem snikers just looked so tasty I couldn't restrain myself !

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Intent" regarding shoplifting: did a person just miss an item on checkout somewhere in/under basket/large items or was the frozen turkey held by pantyhose under the dress?

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If it was me, the "In Store" price is the price I put on the item while it is "In The Store". Once it leaves the store without a receipt there is "Out Of Store" Price of $10000, across the board.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If it was me, the "In Store" price is the price I put on the item while it is "In The Store". Once it leaves the store without a receipt there is "Out Of Store" Price of $10000, across the board.
    LOL Good luck in collecting it.

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    In the real world, yes, it shouldn't work like that. But obviously, in California, it's not the real world. So, my idea would be as dumb as the "Shop lifting is A-Ok, as long as it's less than $950"

candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Theft Offenses​

Sad

Latest posts

Top Bottom