• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The thing is folks buy high then expect 2nd buyers to bail them out...not gonna happen w this guy!

Had a guy try to trade me a 1600$ DPMS a few weeks ago for some remodel work. His remark was " I have the receipt where I bought it new " he actually got agitated when I suggested he price check it at Walmart.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Years ago I tried to buy a Nissan 55 hp outboard. Back then a new one could be had for $1,550 on sale. The lady wanted $1,700. It was in great shape and about 2 years old.
    I told her I could get a new one for $1,550 and even showed her the newspaper ad. She said "But I paid $2,500 for this motor. If I show you the receipt, will you give me $1,700 ?"
    Uh, no.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We do this to ourselves. Buying everything off the shelf when a scare comes along puts the manufacturers and resellers on high alert. They raise prices. Plus, I hear newbies comment on current prices as "not too bad". When I tell them they are bad, they say, "I'm kind of new and these are the prices I'm used to seeing". I guess I'm still living in the past. Every time I see a $500 Colt 1911 go for 800 or 900 I cringe. But then again, what I consider the good ol days aren't really that good price-wise according to those senior to me. I spoke with a gentleman several years ago who bought his 1911 from a magazine add back in the day for $17. But for the original post, I see a lot of the same as far as used prices. A look at Gander solidifies that. But I do lean toward my gun values not plummeting when they leave the point of sale. I guess I think most should at least hold their value. Could be wrong.

Last edited:

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    That's what I love frank the day after gander opened the local online was flooded with 100.00 buckets and 50.00 -75.00 for bricks of 500 I was like OMG here they go again

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know it's been said dozens of times (hell..I said it plenty), but this is y I buy ammo online..I kno sometimes you just need ammo quickly and can't wait but I usually pay cheaper than getting locally and that's even after shipping..I would love to support local business but I am not willing to b 1 if these ammo tards that wakes up at 4am just to wait to 8am for stores to open then sell it at the flea markets...ill find another way to make $20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jherexx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Talking about Gander and Glocks, they had some police trade-ins that cost the same as the new ones. Couldn't believe it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Top Bottom