• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eagle Eye

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    While working this past weekend (good thing I work from home), happen to have Blackhawk down movie in the background and got me thinking.. Can I make Gordy Clonish rifle with just the spare parts I had laying around the shop/office.. So here it is, need to zero and paint. Not happy with how high the red-dot is but then again, might work with NODs.
    Dang bro' that is one wicked looking firearm . Looks like you have some real nice stuff there !

USMC0211

Expert
    Dang bro' that is one wicked looking firearm . Looks like you have some real nice stuff there !
    Thanks, was very impressed with the rifle at the range. Ran 100% and was able to make 90% hits 100yard and 80% hits at 200Y standing unsupported with that old aimpoint. I was able to get regular hits out to 500 from the bench. Those GWOT guys knew a thing or 2. The lil carbine does get hot quick.. As far as having nice stuff I believe everyone should have a Financially Irresponsible Hobby.

USMC0211

Expert
    Finished my "Gordy"/Op Gothic Serpent Clonish build. Left pic is what I was going for. Shall I call it the GWOT wall in my office?

Attachments

• gordy.jpg
      gordy.jpg
      76.3 KB · Views: 10
    • 20241012_102508.jpg
      20241012_102508.jpg
      883.2 KB · Views: 11

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Finished my "Gordy"/Op Gothic Serpent Clonish build. Left pic is what I was going for. Shall I call it the GWOT wall in my office?
    Nice, I like weapons like these. Practical, not made from "name-drop" parts. Don't have a six word model #.
    Load and shoot. Might be a handy wall to have in November.

Daezee

Master
    When I bought my now broken steel plate at Knob Creek 20+ years ago, I also bought a spare. Took it out today for shooting enjoyment. Shot at 60 yards…why 60? That’s where I could be in the shade.

The pic is looking from “my” Finnish Civil Guard M39 towards the steel plate in the middle of the backstop. “my” = I used to own it, but tired of it and sold it. Years later I was back into Mosins. B52 mentioned he still had it and would I like it back. Heck yes! No charge. Just give it back some day when you are done with it.

IMG_0636.jpeg

B52

Master
    When I bought my now broken steel plate at Knob Creek 20+ years ago, I also bought a spare. Took it out today for shooting enjoyment. Shot at 60 yards…why 60? That’s where I could be in the shade.

The pic is looking from “my” Finnish Civil Guard M39 towards the steel plate in the middle of the backstop. “my” = I used to own it, but tired of it and sold it. Years later I was back into Mosins. B52 mentioned he still had it and would I like it back. Heck yes! No charge. Just give it back some day when you are done with it.
    The critical range is what keeps you in the shade...

Eagle Eye

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    Thanks, was very impressed with the rifle at the range. Ran 100% and was able to make 90% hits 100yard and 80% hits at 200Y standing unsupported with that old aimpoint. I was able to get regular hits out to 500 from the bench. Those GWOT guys knew a thing or 2. The lil carbine does get hot quick.. As far as having nice stuff I believe everyone should have a Financially Irresponsible Hobby.
    Love the last statement ! Excellent target shooting, especially at those distances !

Top Bottom