• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Fathertime hooked me up with a diamond d holster. Wore it to the camp to work on my UTV and clean, pack up shooting houses. Worked great, really nice rig. Snug fit. Covers the weapon nicely. Optic ready. Even has spare mag pouch built in. Contacted Diamond d to get a replacement strap. Need to fool with the adjustment a bit.
    Thank you VERT much sir!!
    20230217_002822.jpg
    20230217_100233.jpg

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I ran a few rounds through my beretta 92x today and it shot great. I also found out it has a Langdon Tactical Elite slide and also has had a trigger job done.

This is my first beretta I have ever owned and so far I am impressed and now wondering why I have never bought one before after all these years.

A0AA4878-2623-4E61-B56C-315452ACD170.jpeg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I ran a few rounds through my beretta 92x today and it shot great. I also found out it has a Langdon Tactical Elite slide and also has had a trigger job done.

This is my first beretta I have ever owned and so far I am impressed and now wondering why I have never bought one before after all these years.

View attachment 211229
    They really should mill the slides. Or build a different slide, looks odd. Beretta makes good stuff.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Shot a Wild Bunch match today at the Tallahassee Rifle and Pistol club with the Big Bend Bushwhackers Cowboy Action shooting club. If you don't know what Wild Bunch entails it is very similar to Cowboy Action Shooting except you use a 1911 handgun instead of single action pistols. Targets are also farther away and you shoot a lot more rounds, typically 21-28 pistol so three or four mag changes. There are two categories, Modern and Traditional. Traditional must use GI milspec 1911 pistols and they must be shot one handed. Modern allows for things like extended beavertails, ambi safeties, etc. and can be shot two handed. I shoot the Traditional category and managed to pull off first place in my category and overall Top Gun. If you want to know more about this shooting game drop me a PM.

Attachments

• 20230218_152653.jpg
      20230218_152653.jpg
      808.3 KB · Views: 33

The_Spaartan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Got the conversion on my 5.45 Saiga finished and put the new Midwest Alpha furniture on it. Still waiting their railed dust cover and a tango down grip, they're both currently on backorder.

Attachments

• 20230218_184157.jpg
      20230218_184157.jpg
      533.1 KB · Views: 36
    • 20230218_184217.jpg
      20230218_184217.jpg
      462.5 KB · Views: 33
    Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Shot a Wild Bunch match today at the Tallahassee Rifle and Pistol club with the Big Bend Bushwhackers Cowboy Action shooting club. If you don't know what Wild Bunch entails it is very similar to Cowboy Action Shooting except you use a 1911 handgun instead of single action pistols. Targets are also farther away and you shoot a lot more rounds, typically 21-28 pistol so three or four mag changes. There are two categories, Modern and Traditional. Traditional must use GI milspec 1911 pistols and they must be shot one handed. Modern allows for things like extended beavertails, ambi safeties, etc. and can be shot two handed. I shoot the Traditional category and managed to pull off first place in my category and overall Top Gun. If you want to know more about this shooting game drop me a PM.
    Congrats!!! What weapon did ya use. Brand?

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Congrats!!! What weapon did ya use. Brand?
    Because of the low power factor requirements I have 2 1911 pistols set up just for shooting Wild Bunch. Because I shoot traditional both started out as Milspec versions. One is an Auto Ordnance but it was having a feed issue so it is at Bussey's getting some work done. The one I shot at the match is a Springfield. I put in lighter springs, 13 pound recoil spring and 19 pound mainspring. Have done lots of polishing and honing to make everything very smooth. Power factor is minimum 150. We have to shoot lead bullets because we shoot steel. I load 230 grain bullets with 3.9 grains of WST powder which pushes them right at 700 fps and 160 power factor. Fairly light recoil so the gun doesn't jump off the target.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Got the conversion on my 5.45 Saiga finished and put the new Midwest Alpha furniture on it. Still waiting their railed dust cover and a tango down grip, they're both. currently on backorder
    If you're a fan of the railed dust covers, try to find one of the new IWI Galil's, with the firmly mounted hinged railed dust covers. Arguably the most accurate AK out there, and takes common AR 5.56 or 308 mags. Just beware of the reciprocating bolt handle

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Bunch on ebay. I found both in the stuff pile at one of the tables at Robertsdale. Need some hardware though.
    I'm always digging thru boxes too. People who don't dig don't find cool stuff and then they wonder why :) and then they bad mouth the shows unfortunately, when it was them that never spent the effort at the show

The_Spaartan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you're a fan of the railed dust covers, try to find one of the new IWI Galil's, with the firmly mounted hinged railed dust covers. Arguably the most accurate AK out there, and takes common AR 5.56 or 308 mags. Just beware of the reciprocating bolt handle
    I go through phases of really wanting a Galil Ace and you probably just started another one. Maybe one day lol

Top Bottom