• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rapier

Marksman
    The problem with cheapo 1911s and some not so cheap is they do not necessarily fit the definition of mil spec and thus while the gun you bought might function, it might well be the end of the line for parts if you can not put in or on mil spec replacement parts. This is especially important if you yourself can not modify the gun to do so. It does not take a RIA, Chinese or Brazil made firearm to be there, for example the new basic Remington R1 has sights on it from Italy, that are not mil spec. You want to put say Novak's on it, you have to recut the slots.
    Ed

MarkS

Master
    After cleaning the brass I was given I trimmed and primed 50 of the 200 yesterday. Will trim and prime the other 150 today then get them loaded and ready for target practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barebones1

Marksman
    Finally took the 22/45 I put togather for steel challenge,out for a test run. One 10 round mag. At 12 yards off a sand bag. The last round was me on purpose. Didn't think I was hitting at all. Moved to check. This thing is a hoot. Better order a trigger.
    2d2ee0584e0196e4110154b44edb3e20.jpg
    1b0ea1695f333167806df91f085ed36e.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    The trigger that Brownells sells is well worth the money when doing a trigger job on thr 2245. My note book is at the farm so my feeble memory, on its own, says I also did a mod to remove the mag disconnect, seems like I recall it rubbed on the trigger bar. There is a pretty good YouTube film on doing a trigger job that might help, it is pretty much a remove and replace or just remove parts project. The Lite version is just a real fun gun to shoot for the entire family.
    Ed

capt.joe

Master
    Ordered a truglo bead sight for my 45 colt/ 410 barrel. I never used it much because the cheesy plastic sights always hung up in my holster. Now it slides in and out nicely and i'm going to leave the choke in it, not going to shoot 45 colt anymore

Attachments

• WP_20161204_14_41_06_Pro.jpg
      WP_20161204_14_41_06_Pro.jpg
      184 KB · Views: 139

Rapier

Marksman
    Stuck a cheap 4x airgun scope with B-Square airgun rings on my RWS target .177 in the city gun. It is pretty accurate and will go right through a 1/2 inch of plywood.
    Makes a decent non firearm gun.
    Ed

RackinRay

Master
    Just back from vacation, and took this rainy day afternoon to catch up a few things I have been meaning to do. I installed the new parts on my Rossi 92 along with the October Country sling. I really like that little Rossi carbine! Also added one of those slings on my other lever action.

John B.

Master
    I've done a bunch of stuff lately just haven't posted...

A few things of note , I purchase a muzzleloader on sale at Walmart not long ago along with enough powder and projectiles and cleaning stuff to shoot it for the next 30 deer seasons. I think I spent around two hundred bucks on sale and it normally would have been close to 500.

b2720fea7769892254f1de70bc7d5fc9.jpg

I also bought a shotgun which I'm giving a home made paint job should be finished with it tonight....
    6f183aa5a7daf02dc40846a5bbc93b35.jpg

6ac673e901ea24b540cefd185a5ac559.jpg

pcolagunner

Master
    I've done a bunch of stuff lately just haven't posted...

A few things of note , I purchase a muzzleloader on sale at Walmart not long ago along with enough powder and projectiles and cleaning stuff to shoot it for the next 30 deer seasons. I think I spent around two hundred bucks on sale and it normally would have been close to 500.

b2720fea7769892254f1de70bc7d5fc9.jpg

I also bought a shotgun which I'm giving a home made paint job should be finished with it tonight....
    6f183aa5a7daf02dc40846a5bbc93b35.jpg

6ac673e901ea24b540cefd185a5ac559.jpg

Wow that pops! Is that stickers, stencil or what?

John B.

Master
    Wow that pops! Is that stickers, stencil or what?
    That's a vinyl decal that my ole lady cut out with her fancy machine... I applied the decal and sprayed over it with a mix of green/brown/black... I started peeling the decals off this morning before work and wasn't as happy with it as I thought I might be, but I'm going to post a picture once I get it back together...

I paid $70 for the shotgun, so I'm not too worried about it. Lol

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Picked up a Marlin 60SS today, and then sold my old Marlin 60. Been wanting an SS and I basically stole this one. ( Like new for $125)

SCTaylor

Expert
    Dry fired the Hopkins drill for 15 minutes today. Humbling to see herky jerky transitions at this point.

Got a set of Speed Shooter's Scale grips for the Tanfo at the house, gonna slap them on tonight!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Dry fired the Hopkins drill for 15 minutes today. Humbling to see herky jerky transitions at this point.

Got a set of Speed Shooter's Scale grips for the Tanfo at the house, gonna slap them on tonight!

I tried the scale grips on my CZ, but I didn't care for them. Not only did they pinch the hell out of my middle and ring finger on my strong hand, but they somehow interfered with magazine insertion. I just never could manage to get a smooth reload with them. A lot of people love them, and maybe they work better on the large frame Tanfo's than they do on the small frame CZ's.

As far as gun stuff, I got a new race holster last week (DAA Alpha-X). I mounted it to my belt this weekend and did a little pseudo dry fire and I really like it so far. The adjustments are easier, it feels more solid, it doesn't put as much torque on the belt/hip, and it seems to be smoother on the draw. I stuck my old Race Master holster on my production belt and adjusted the mag pouches on that belt, so now I have a spare open/limited rig.

I also loaded up 1K primers into tubes Sunday morning and loaded 100 rounds before my back started hurting. The press is still set up, so I'll continue to finish up that 1K rounds as the week goes on, then I'll take my press off the bench. That should give me about 4K rounds of 9 major loaded, so I ought to be good for a couple months.

Edit: I also ordered some Blue Bullets this morning, thanks to a gift certificate I got at the Endless Summer Blast. I went with 115gr 9mm bullets. Going to push them really fast out of my open guns and see if I like how they feel.

Last edited:

SCTaylor

Expert
    I tried the scale grips on my CZ, but I didn't care for them. Not only did they pinch the hell out of my middle and ring finger on my strong hand, but they somehow interfered with magazine insertion. I just never could manage to get a smooth reload with them. A lot of people love them, and maybe they work better on the large frame Tanfo's than they do on the small frame CZ's.

No issues with mag changes this morning. There seems to be about .5 to 1mm free space from the grip panels to the mags on Tanfo's, so there isn't any contact. Could be closer on CZs?

But yeah, they do feel weird on the middle & ring finger but actually locks them in, feels nice & secure during dry fire. I'll figure out this weekend if there is a problem in live fire. But otherwise about 20-30 minutes of dry fire this morning and I'm a happy camper!

Loaded about 100 rounds last night as well. Still ~2,800 BBI 125's to shootup before moving over to SNS 125's. Need to work up a new load with Alliant e3 for the Tanfo too, I basically know the ultimate charge weight, but safety first!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I've ended up with a spare DeltaPoint Pro that I'm trying to decide what to do with. I was originally going to sell it, but Leupold dropped the price down to a point where I'd just as soon keep it.

Here are a few of my options:

*Sell it, make some $$$ to spend on bullets/powder/primers
    *Keep it in the box as a backup in case one of them on my open guns goes out.
    *Buy a Suarez (or other aftermarket) Glock slide that's already milled for the optic and potentially use it for carry optics/range toy
    *Use my GSSF coupon to see if I can find a G19 or G17 MOS in a reasonable time, mount the optic and use for carry optics/range toy
    *Use my GSSF coupon to buy a G17 and send the factory slide off for milling. This would basically mean the optic would need to stay with the gun forevermore.

Any opinions on the matter?

bohica793

Master
    Raffle it off before Christmas and donate the money to charity. Or just sell it and buy other goodies. I hate to see anything sit and collect dust.

Top Bottom