• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    I built an AR and cooked some kydex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Yea I have the G2S in my DGAF rifle. It gets really nice after about 1k rounds. Got it last Christmas for about $120. Great trigger for the price.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Killed the late afternoon shooting the breeze at Three Brother's Arms. Loaded 200 rounds of .223 so far. Still have time to make a couple hundred more but I keep getting distracted by the TV.

madeSICC88

Master
    If you need any more .223 brass and are ever in Daphne, shoot me a PM. I have 1 or 2 coffee cans full that I have no use for. Yours if you want them.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    If you need any more .223 brass and are ever in Daphne, shoot me a PM. I have 1 or 2 coffee cans full that I have no use for. Yours if you want them.

Thanks man. I appreciate it but I am in pretty good shape. I'm sure there is someone who can use them.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I loaded another 500 rounds of 9 major last night. That puts me at 2K in the last week. I think I'll load another 1K before I take the press off the bench.

MarkS

Master
    My primers I ordered came today 5k small rifle 2k large rifle and 1k of magnum large pistol
    Also took the grandsons around back and let them shoot their 22 rifles

Rapier

Marksman
    Grandson, son in-law and me moved a U-Haul full to the shop building. I got a bit nervous after listing the house, have folks run in and take pictures, then folks coming into the house with my guns present. So they are now gone at least for a while. Hired a cleaning crew to come in and the ladies were nervous with the guns present and I never thought much about it, until I found out they were up here from Miami, so all the valuables and guns are now gone. With the exclusion of the carry stuff of course.
    Ed

Gas Port

Master
    I attempted to shoot my first silhouette match today. It is harder hitting those small targets with a 22 pistol with iron sights that I thought. But had a good time.

Rapier

Marksman
    99% of the steel movers are good folks and will help you anytime you ask. It is a fun sport and with no money or big prizes, it stays fun.
    Ed

Gas Port

Master
    Yes the group of guys I shot with today were very helpful. They called shots for me and helped me adjust my point of aim. Most everyone shoots with scopes or red dots. Guess I will need to fuel the economy again.

Rapier

Marksman
    Yes the group of guys I shot with today were very helpful. They called shots for me and helped me adjust my point of aim. Most everyone shoots with scopes or red dots. Guess I will need to fuel the economy again.

That is the Any Sight catagory and shoots by itself. The iron sight guns only shoot against other iron sight guns, so you are good unless you want to shoot in other catagories. A lot of the shooters are older today and can not see the iron sights clearly, thus have moved to scopes.

The small bore competition is IMO actually much more difficult than the big bore. Just one thing, in small bore you have no real control over the ammo. You can determine what brand is most accurate in your gun, but not for every round or lot. The real nut cuttling on 22 ammo occurs at 75 yards, almost anything will shoot at 25 and 50. One gun will shoot all catagories, the Freedom Arms 22 revolver (the model 252) incredably well built and very accurate but also very expensive.

For practice use cardboard not white paper. Make cut outs and spray each target with flat black spray paint on cardboard that you staple to a wood stake. Later you can get a set of steel critters welded to angle iron you stick in the ground.
    Ed

My 5yr old daughter wants to do everything with me so I picked up a couple of these
    1a94494565ae5b73e193d5f25c19aa8e.jpg

And got my old Benjamin pellet gun out. Me and her had a blast shooting these little targets.

kendive

Master
    My 5yr old daughter wants to do everything with me so I picked up a couple of these
    1a94494565ae5b73e193d5f25c19aa8e.jpg

And got my old Benjamin pellet gun out. Me and her had a blast shooting these little targets.

Those are great. I have the ones that hold the full size clays and use them up at the property. I keep boxes of the clays ready for some fun...

Top Bottom