• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    Bought some .22 LR Win X 40Gr at the Pace Walmart. Did not really need anymore .22 but just bought it because they had it.

wildrider666

Master
    What if it is a Factory Special Order one of a kind? Maybe it was just rechambered to a smokeless Ctg or a wildcat. You can do a chamber casting pretty cheap then mic the casting and do a little research. Use the non ferrous marerial. Make a channel funnel to get the pour over center. Vid at link shows basics. Good luck.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEH514vXQU8

You feel retarded?? I am retarded, chasing this pipe dream of ever being able to shoot the over priced rifle I bought to help out a friend. Winchester 1885 low wall rifle marked 25 WCF. Did research asked a few questions and ordered 25-35 ammo for it at 1.00 per round, wrong ammo, so the only other caliber has to be it 25-20 at 1.50 a round, ordered a box, wrong again. WTF can it be, so looking on a winchester forum I see mention of the older guns being chambered in 25-20 SS (single shot) at about 3.00 a round they can keep it. Time to get rid of another pain in the butt gun. It is a VERY sweet rifle all deluxe but what good is it if you can't shoot

rtprthd

Master
    I'm not a big Glock guy but practicality dictates that I should get one as a companion. Looks like I'll be good on mags after my ad. So, go find me a CHEAP 17 Dan.:eyebrows:
    Aim surplus has gen2 Leo trade ins back in stock. 17 and 19 are both listed at $359. Hard to find cheaper than that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    98% sure it is the 25-20 SS (stevens single shot) which falls in line with year of manufacture 1891 from ser number check. ammo is 3.50 per cartridge ,empty brass is about 2.00 each, dies are 185.00 rcbs. I allready listed it on broker to see if I can unload it before I sink even more money into it.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      69.3 KB · Views: 174
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      82.9 KB · Views: 172

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I started it at 1800.00 several watchers, 1 with some interest so far , it was appraised at around 7000.00 many years ago, but that was probably for insurance purposes. I bet that killed you interest right?

SAWMAN

Master
    Without mentioning that you might want to sell it ....... call ahead and see if Rick Rankin will be in at Pensacola Lock & Gun on Garden St. Walk in and ask him to simply take a look at it and see if he can tell you anything about the gun. If you do not drop it off with him,just his info will be free.

You just might gain some good info from him IF the gun is original. However just wondering --> if it was appraised at $7000.00,how did you happen to come up with the $1800. figure ?? --- SAWMAN

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    it's an auction , got to start somewhere, and no one is going to pay an appraisal price like that . just a throw of the dice. Quite frankly, I am just pissed at it and want it gone, I can't have a gun I can't shoot.

Last edited:

ksenter

Master
    not today, but yesterday, I ordered a Remington 700 AAC 20" in 308 from TGD. Came home and bought a M44 Mosin Nagant from my older brother including 200rds of ammo. Went from no bolt actions to 2 bolt actions within a day.

rtprthd

Master
    Just ordered one of the glock 19's from aim surplus. This will be my second attempt to like a glock. Plan on it being a budget suppressor host. Now just need a threaded barrel for it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Good on ya Kenny. I love my 16.5" I have a spare stock that is opened up if you care to try it. However,I ended up with a B&C on my gun. NOW ...... shoots like a MO-FO. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• DSC00996.JPG
      DSC00996.JPG
      449.3 KB · Views: 432

ksenter

Master
    I had gotten pretty bored for a bit and decided to venture into tactical/precision bolt guns. I have not decided exactly what to do with it yet. I know first things first is get a base on it, some quality rings, scope (will start with the 3-9x40 I got from you Sawman, until I get spendy on something worth it). I really like the looks of the new magpul stock and the bottom metal kit is really inexpensive, although I think a B&C, Boyds, McMillan would give better results, but the money is so much more at that point. I got some learnin' to do.

Just spent the last hour plus cleaning the mosin nagant. That thing was dirrrrrty! Before cleaning the rifling looked really weak in the barrel. After soaking the barrel in bore cleaner and then running patches of No9 down the bore, she cleaned up pretty well. Rifling still isnt really strong and the bore is pretty dull, but thats ok I suppose. Some pretty neat stuff going on with the stock. Some previous crack repairs that look to be pretty old. The shellac finish is pretty chipped up in places so I think I'm gonna strip it down and restain and shellac the stock. Cool lil gun so far

Last edited:

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Got most my parts in to build my upper. Just waiting for my BCM 12.5" carbine barrel and my Vortex spitfire 3x.

Spikes lower, BCM Mod 3 charging handle, AIM Nib BCG, ALG defense 12" EMR mlok V2 rail, Aero Precison upper with melonite carbine gas rail and gas block, mission tactical minimalist stock, Magpul FDE mbus,moe + grip, enhanced trigger guard, palmetto state armory LPK and buffer tube kit with carbine buffer, Strike Industries Venom flash hider and FDE enhanced dust cover.

bac5c83336227450e94eac58ad45fba4.jpg

Telum Pisces

Master
    Picked up a new complete lower from Nate yesterday. Now I need to figure out what caliber to make this thing!

madeSICC88

Master
    9d0f480528d0c11d7f9dfc475c09d87e.jpg

wish we had a range like this around me. Rifle range went all the way out to around 1,100yds.
    Ringing steel at around 500 today before it got to cold to stay out. It was a blast.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Telum Pisces

Master
    9d0f480528d0c11d7f9dfc475c09d87e.jpg

wish we had a range like this around me. Rifle range went all the way out to around 1,100yds.
    Ringing steel at around 500 today before it got to cold to stay out. It was a blast.

We do, it just costs some money!

madeSICC88

Master
    Just got this, figure it was just a standard Surefire Flash hider but after looking at their website I didn't see a 4 pronged version like the one I have. I looked up just the part number and read on a few websites that they are mil issue only and pretty rare to be on the civilian market. Clicked on a expired eBay page that one sold for $385....I was going to try and trade it for a brake as I like those over flash hiders.....but I think I'll keep this one after all.
    3a0ad01ce2a93080a841b8b91a0e1013.jpg

Top Bottom