• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeSICC88

Master
    That's awesome, haha.

Yea that Inifinity is awesome. A fun gun to shoot too, once I quit limp risting it....

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

MarkS

Master
    Took all the long guns out of a safe to clean them including one I've yet to shoot and got a tad irritated when part of the rear sight fell off on the bed. Savage Hog Hunter in 308 Win. the rear screws holding the v-notch weren't tight. So in a way I'm glad I didn't have it in the grass around back shooting it but damn the screws should of been snugged down. It's the first rifle I've ever bought new and I don't know why I didn't treat it like every other firearm I've ever acquired and take it the first day I could shoot and run 50 rounds or so thru it but for now I'm glad I didn't as I would of been highly PO'ed had the rear sight got lost in my back field. Got the screws tight and tomorrow it get's some rounds put thru it.

Dan1612

Master
    Today, I shot a firearm for the first time since September, and it turns out that the dark side isn't so bad after all. Can't wait for Saturday.

I went out to the SRSC this morning and shot a couple of my ARs and the LLAMA OMNI 45 pistol (that I have up for sale). The OMNI shot great. I should have shot this pistol a long time ago instead of waiting six years. Very nice and light trigger pull. One of the ARs is another retro build I am working on. I got the upper assembly done and it is now zeroed. The other AR was there in order for me to zero the new Primary Arms Classic 30mm (Aimpoint M2 clone).

Skippy02

Marksman
    Shot some IDPA with some friends and some other folks and even some clowns but I digress...

Good times even though not my best showing, ever :(

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

MarkS

Master
    After seeing the wife's goats were in the back field I knew there were no deer back there so I put 2 guns in the jeep along with some targets and one grandson to go shoot. My youngest grandson loves the 22lr but the 30 cal.s were to loud for him even with ear muffs on after just 4 rounds he told me that he was walking back to the house I only shot a dozen rounds sighting in my 06 then ran another dozen 38 special thru the Ruger GP100 357 mag which is a sweet revolver (Thanks again Dogamus Rex) when I noticed some bottle necked rounds that shouldn't have been in the box of 38 Spl. I quit after that to go back to the house and get some reading glass's so I could see what all had made it's way into the wrong box. Somehow I had 10 rounds of 7.62x25 that had came with the box of 38 spl. a buddy had given me, went thru the whole box and the only other cartridges that were not consistent with the 125 gr 38 Spl. were 5 rounds of 38 Spl shot shells. Now I need to get the CZ 52 and go shoot up those 5 plus some of the 500+ rounds in the safe another day.

MarkS

Master
    I cleaned the 06 and 357 mag just after midnight, I got sidetracked after ID'ing the bottle neck pistol cartridges in the box of 38 Spl. that was given to me by my wife wanting to take the grandsons to see Christmas lights

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Merry Christmas from the Mods...
    d35bdc15577f1f355500cfc7888ba4e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Operation Black Glocks complete.
    I also picked up another Aimpoint Micro today, but I can't get it to cowitness on my M1A or AKs, so I need some cheek risers. Ugh.

Last edited:

Skippy02

Marksman
    Operation Black Glocks complete.
    I also picked up another Aimpoint Micro today, but I can't get it to cowitness on my M1A or AKs, so I need some cheek risers. Ugh.
    Ultimak conversion and low mount from ADM should do it on the AK

Dan1612

Master
    Ultimak conversion and low mount from ADM should do it on the AK
    I've got the ADM low mount, and Manticore rail, which should be as low as the ultimak, AFAIK.

Skippy02

Marksman
    I've got the ADM low mount, and Manticore rail, which should be as low as the ultimak, AFAIK.
    I'm not familiar with that set up so I can't say but my understanding is the Ultimak is the lowest profile set up out there and if your manticore is comparable and it don't witness, something is wrong

Dan1612

Master
    I'm not familiar with that set up so I can't say but my understanding is the Ultimak is the lowest profile set up out there and if your manticore is comparable and it don't witness, something is wrong
    Just my luck, bro. Just my luck. Lol.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Just my luck, bro. Just my luck. Lol.
    I'm looking at these manticore alpha rails, is that yours? If so it is not lower than the Ultimak for sure. But they do offer , it says an ultra low T1 mount , that they state gives co-witness

Dan1612

Master
    056e4d6465eb1fe0d3e8aa08666ab6fd.jpg

I'm more concerned with the m1a though. I've got the scout type gear, which should be lower, but the "II" stuff is so much cooler, which is why I'm looking into cheek risers. Lol. You gotta be cool, you know? Haha!!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Yesterday I ordered a Vortex Spitfire 1X to replace the Eotech I sent in for refund, at least for the time being. I haven't decided if I'm going to go a different route with the optic, but this will give me something to use in the meantime. PSA had them for $150, which is the best price I've ever seen for them.

This morning I ordered a bullet feeder reloading. I can't wait to set it up and start cranking out ammo even faster!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom