• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakec

Master
    put together 2 AR's for a friends dad today. He purchased 2 NFA polymer lowers recently and wanted guidance in ordering some uppers of known quality but not break the bank. We found him some Yankee Hill uppers and some doo-dads to go along with them including MOE stocks and grips as well as Primary Arms red-dots. The YH uppers look great, and the diamond cut, dimpled barrels look awesome!

http://s270.photobucket.com/user/ke...G_20150218_141844386_HDR_zpsg3fsdwhe.jpg.html

had some old zombie stickers lying aroudn and put them on the lowers as more of a joke.
    http://s270.photobucket.com/user/ke...f/IMG_20150218_151145496_zpsgh2nkuro.jpg.html

http://s270.photobucket.com/user/ke...f/IMG_20150218_153226509_zpskwzhzzjd.jpg.html

Those barrels do look sweet!

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    My best friend since grade school is down for the week so we went shooting yesterday. Then we came home and unscrewed some things on his "kitchen table smithed" AR and 1100. I got the AR squared away, but the 1100 needs professional help. The timing seems off on it and the shell lifter doesn't appear to move up far enough.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Sighted in 4 guns yesterday. Clay Pit
    Finally got the 50 BMG sighted with new rings on it.
    PENTAX Ultimate zoom on the 17 HMR sighted and seems to be badass.
    Leupold on the new Interarms 7.62x39 BOLT ACTION (real tight action).
    Put smaller Nikon on my 30-06 with raised scope rings to see iron sights better.
    Plus tried out the Quiet CCI 22LR ammo i swapped DaBreeze for and it is sweet, barley louder than aquila super cobri but full normal sized and much better punch and travel before drop.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    the 1100 needs professional help. The timing seems off on it and the shell lifter doesn't appear to move up far enough.

1100s like to be squeaky clean, including the recoil spring in the butt stock which can get gunked up over time.

Garpo

Master
    After making an attempt to cull the herd, I just now put an offer on a 1911. I'm sooo weak! :yield:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    1100s like to be squeaky clean, including the recoil spring in the butt stock which can get gunked up over time.

Yep, that is what I initially thought too. He is going to get it looked at when he gets home. I could get it running well if I had more time, but he's heading home on Saturday and we have other stuff we need to get done.

Rapier

Marksman
    Gas guns are nasty, they crap where they eat, so it is clean, clean and clean some more.
    Ed

Rapier

Marksman
    I just got out of balance and hought another lower.
    Ed

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Got rid of my G17 and picked up a new wheel gun today. I also picked up some federal primers, so I should be able to get my CZ trigger a little lighter once I get some new loads worked up.

Ryan

Master
    Was about to checkout and buy a DW V-bob and the power went out....guess that's a sign to reconsider my purchase lol

Skippy02

Marksman
    Just now leaving Styx , been there since opening letting a buddy from out of town sample a little bit of everything I own, excluding my wife ;)

Today's been a good day tater

I am just waiting until I can get to the range again. Should be about another week before I can do that. Recovering from having a kidney stone removed has been slow in the coming. The biggest issue I am dealing with right now is the pain and discomfort from the stint. The incision in my back and the one in the kidney have been healing very well. I look forward to hitting the SR Shooting Center real soon.

Rapier

Marksman
    Today was way to windy to take trees down at the farm so I decided to do some refinishing.

A 13 year old young man gave me his H&R 20ga to replace a broken hammer spring. I decided to give him back a total refinish job, stock, steel Cerakoted, etc. So hanging in the shop is a birch stock cleaned up and stained walnut with all the metal black Carekoted. I will run a chamber and a bore hone through it to clean it up, befor it goes back.

Then I started on restoring a 1931 Win M-60 22 takedown rifle. The stock has been restored and the Pre 64 red stain applied. The metal is cleaned of old gunk. Next comes the sand blasting and barrel spinner, first steps in steam rust bluing.
    Ed

HEIST

Master
    20150221_150929.jpg Sighted in the new 17HMR. I might have a new favorite rimfire now. It took me a minute to get use to working with a gun that is left handed like me but Ive got it down now.

Attachments

• 20150221_150929.jpg
      20150221_150929.jpg
      412 KB · Views: 150

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I recorded a couple trigger videos this morning. Finally got one of them uploaded and the next one is currently rendering. I plan on doing more review/product videos in the future.

Top Bottom