• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeSICC88

Master
    I finally got to do a little renovation work on my Recce build. I had a Radical Firearms 16" mid-length barrel on it, but it was not giving consistent accuracy, so I decided to replace it. I went with a Compass Lake Engineering Recon 16.1" [Douglas Stainless (polished) 1:8 twist] barrel w/ mid-length gas system, Wylde .223 chamber, and matching bolt. I also installed a Compass Lake Engineering Stainless Low Profile Gas Block (.750), Compass Lake Engineering Stainless Mid-length Gas Tube and Roll Pin, and a Advanced Armament Corp. Non-Mount Blackout Flash Hider. I just need to get it to the range now.

Upper Receiver:
    New Frontier Armory Billet Upper Receiver (TGD Firearms)
    Compass Lake Engineering Recon 16.1" [Douglas Stainless (polished) 1:8 twist]
    barrel w/ mid-length gas system, Wylde .223 chamber, and matching bolt
    Compass Lake Engineering Stainless Low Profile Gas Block (.750)
    Compass Lake Engineering Stainless Mid-length Gas Tube and Roll Pin
    AIM Surplus NiB M16 Bolt Carrier
    Advanced Armament Corp. Non-Mount Blackout Flash Hider - 1/2x28
    BCM Gunfighter MOD 4 charging handle
    Midwest Industries SSM M-LOK Series One Piece Free Float Handguard, 15-inch Rifle (MI-SSM-15) (black)
    MAGPUL M-LOK Rail Panels (Stealth Grey and Black)
    MAGPUL MBUS Gen 2 Front & Rear Flip-up Sights (black)
    Harris Bipod BRM
    MAGPUL M-LOK Bipod Mount
    VORTEX VIPER PST 1-4x24 TMCQ MOA scope
    VORTEX/American Defense RECON-X 30mm QD mount

Lower Receiver:
    C3 Defense Billet Lower Receiver
    GEISSELE Super Semi-Automatic (SSA) trigger
    KNS Precision Gen.2 Mod.2 Non-Rotation pins
    MAGPUL B.A.D Lever - Battery Assist Device
    MAGPUL Trigger Guard (black)
    BCM Stock Mounting Kit (Mil-Spec)
    LaRue Tactical R.A.T. Stock (black)
    LaRue Tactical A-PEG Pistol Grip (textured, black)

Awesome rifle, love everything about it.

Rapier

Marksman
    Got a call that my 45x40 work shop building permit has been approved.
    Ed

ksenter

Master
    James, is that brake timed properly? I have one on my midlength 5.56. Pretty sure mine is timed differently, but I havent looked at it recently.

ksenter

Master
    today I traded a Remington 522 Viper .22lr rifle for a Streamlight TL1s. Feels really weird trading a rifle for a flashlight, but I am completely happy with the trade and believe the other guy is too. The trade value is essentially the same, I may have even come out the victor.

James, is that brake timed properly? I have one on my midlength 5.56. Pretty sure mine is timed differently, but I havent looked at it recently.

I cannot tell you for sure. I have seen it two different ways.

ETA: I called AAC and spoke with a guy named Mick. I asked him how this particular FH is suppose to be indexed. He said it really did not matter with this one. It is, after all, a FH and not a brake.

Last edited:
    I got out to the range this morning to test the new Compass Lake Eng./Douglas 1:8 barrel. All I can say is WOW! I am very impressed with the accuracy. This was money well spent. I was putting one shot on top of another without trying. This was at 50 yards with Federal XM193. The next time out, which may be in a couple weeks, I will shoot it at 100 yards. I also shot the Glock 20 I have had for a while. Very nice shooting pistol. For a 10mm pistol, it was surprisingly smooth shooting. I also took out a friend's AR that has had some issues (FTE, FTF, and BCG sticking). I shot it with him a couple weeks ago and it was not behaving as it should. He said it had not been cleaned since he got it and was not sure when it was cleaned before he shot it. He has run several rounds through it to include TulAmmo .223, of which caused some issues. After our range trip together, I brought it home, took it apart, and cleaned and lubed it. Today, I only ran 10 rounds of XM193 through it, but every one went off without a hitch. That was a dramatic improvement from two weeks ago. He should be happy now. He gets home in a couple weeks and I look forward to giving it back to him in a working condition.

Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    Looks great, its all pretty uniform too.

Went to the range this morning...im almost to the point to where I'm not a complete failure behind a pistol, still can't hold a group for shit but I can keep them somewhat in the same general area haha.

Last edited:

Rapier

Marksman

madeSICC88

Master
    Thanks. Yeah, to be a few different manufacturers, the colors are very similar.

I did OD green on mine to match the terrain up in Idaho when I go back, I've considered trying to find a color similar to the red dirt down here. I think that might look pretty cool

Rapier

Marksman
    Got in my SS interior spacer tube for my Form 1 suppressor build. Also got notice that the fast twist 358 MGP barrel shipped my way Friday, so the big bore sub gun build is getting closer. The other upper junk is sitting on my bench awaiting the barrel.
    Ed

Skippy02

Marksman
    Spent last night polishing internals and adding the newest Apex Tactical sexiness to my 45 long slide M&P. The end result was #2 trigger with super short take up and throw and 0 over travel.

This morning we are headed out to Styx to test it and another couple pistols my father recently added to the stable.

Idoono

Master
    Went to the PC gun show today. Could not spend much over an hour there even though I tried. Then I met up with Poppop to pick up some ss ladle's. All in all a good day.

Idoono

Skippy02

Marksman
    965aef941dc4dbc7f567c697b3d86cc7.jpg

Not to bad, the new 45 with Apex goodies is impressive and a little scary

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I put a scope on my new 22lr bolt gun last night. I'm going to take my little sister to the range tomorrow and I'll be sighting it in and seeing what it will do with Gemtech Subsonics.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom