• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Met hunkyfish there! Good shooting with you!!

First up was to confirm the sight in of my 6.8 and verify after putting a new muzzle device on it was shooting well. Right on at 100 and took it out to 200 as my Redfield and the accu-range reticle has several marks to use. now I know where to hold.

Second got the Hipoint 9mm carbine out of the box and put on the 4x32 scope that came with it. at 25 and 50 yards I was knocking out the center of the target, good shooting little gun.

Next was my new to me Sig 522 with a red dot. Same thing there, put out the center of the bull at 25, at 50 the red dot kept them in a 4" area on target. I will end up with a scope for this, very accurate and fun to shoot.

last but not least was the gen 4 Glock 19, adjusted the rear sight and I am telling you it is a sweet shooter, all deadly shots, easy to handle, put 2 33rd mags down range. I will eventually get a guide-rod laser for this like on my 26!

Overall a very pleasant trip to the range, no failures or breakdowns and Had Hunky there to share the time with, I will let him tell his experience(brought some cool guns!) so all was good. Range was nice, polite people and not busy at all. Sure put some ammo down range!!

Hunkyfish

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    I had a GREAT Time Frank & those are definitely some Nice Toys ya' got there,,,,
    you're really making me want an AR now just not in 5.56 LOL

My .308 Cetme was a lil' aggravating today, it just seemed I couldn't get used to the trigger pull, so I didn't take it past 200
    but those 178gr A-Maxs definitely outshot the 165 & 168 pills

Enjoyed shooting my pocket gun, a German made Walther PPK/S, & today was the first time the slide didn't bite me LOL

I had to shoot my Compact Commander 1911 & I believe about the only thing that would make this gun better would be a set of nite sites & I did decide that the Tula ammo was not even close to being accurate,,, at least not in .45

Dialed in the "new" scope on my lil' Browning SA-22,,,, Great lil' breakdown gun
    just wish it had removable mags

Turned out the mounts on my HP carbine's red dot were loose & the batteries in the light were dead,,,
    Damn Glad I found out at the range instead of the middle of the night with an intruder !
    Loctite & fresh batteries in place now,,,,

The SKS shot it's usual M.O.P with the cheap Russian hps & thye Chinese sps,,,,
    That's Minute Of Paper Plate for you guys that can afford the store targets LMAO
    the Hornady Zombie ammo was only marginally more accurate,,, kinda disappointed there

All in All I had a good time shootin' but hangin' with Frank was pretty cool bonus
    it's a shame that Clay couldn't make it today but Family does comes First !

and DAMNIT Frank,,,,
    I'm already startin' to wish you hadn't "made" me shoot your 6.8
    Gonna haf'ta have one now !

Hunkyfish

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    LOL
    I'll holler atcha if we break for lunch, alot to do tomorrow on the boat &
    a "Celebration of Life" for an old friend to goto tomorrow at 5pm
    Top of the Hill at the Old Kelly Docks under the old Magnolia Tree
    Rotten Fotten Charlie Martin passed in his sleep last week.
    If Charlie had not promised my mother that he would look out for me some 35+ yrs ago
    I probably wouldn't have gotten to the "Destin Fishead" that I am today

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hey frank let me know when you are gonna hit the range again. I'd love to shoot the 6.8(mine of course)! Loved them pics of the hogs also. Can't wait to get started!

Top Bottom