• Bodhisattva

Marksman

Ric-san

Master
    Wow…

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    “For Sonya to say that I rebuke you in the name of Jesus, she, in that moment, saw something demonic in the eyes of that officer,” he said. “She felt something in her spirit that did not line up with the love of Jesus Christ.”
    :Rev. Cary Beckwith, officiated the funeral service of Sonya Massey

jimbonecrusher

Shooter
    There are some seriously bad police officers and zero accountability. So many police with too big of an ego and perform their duties as if they aren't concerned with maintaining law and order, but instead they seek to maintain power and control. I believe there won't be a huge change in policing tactics and accountability until all of the payouts for civil rights violations come from the pension funds of the police departments. In this case, this officer might have been called to this address multiple times in the past and harbored ill feelings toward the lady. Either way, he deserves every legal penalty he receives for acting so recklessly and without concern for others.

In no way to I have bad feelings towards police officers, but the blatant lack of knowledge of the laws or willful disregard for Constitutional rights is embarrasing.

Beached

Expert
    Crazy world we live in now. Stay aware and alert. From what I see it is going to get worse at a much faster rate. Imagine being a cop going from one adrenaline fueled situation to the next with no time to decompress. I don’t know how they do it. Being ambushed, hated, being one mistake away from having your life ruined no way could I do that job.

ABlaster

Marksman
    I have a longer idea that’s too much to post here, but I have been reading for years about the young people spending so much time on devices, preferring to text (with no punctuation because punctuation is aggressive), avoiding actually interacting with others, ect.

I can’t help but wonder if that makes them less able to quickly read people and make sense of non-verbal cues folks are putting off. I could see where they could misread a situation and decide violence is called for when it’s clearly (to the rest of us) not.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    I have a longer idea that’s too much to post here, but I have been reading for years about the young people spending so much time on devices, preferring to text (with no punctuation because punctuation is aggressive), avoiding actually interacting with others, ect.

I can’t help but wonder if that makes them less able to quickly read people and make sense of non-verbal cues folks are putting off. I could see where they could misread a situation and decide violence is called for when it’s clearly (to the rest of us) not.
    Oh no doubt, kids have lost the sense of discovery!

DustyDog

Master

Yep... as I said elsewhere:

Best I can tell, the cop didn't know what "rebuke" means, or misunderstood it in the context of what she said. He CLEARLY took it as a threat, which it didn't appear to be. Maybe he saw an "exorcism" movie where the priest said "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus!", then threw holy water on the possessed person, which BURNED THEM.

SO: HE likely misunderstood HER statement, drew on her, then she tried to "defend" herself with the boiling water. What a mess.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Yep... as I said elsewhere:

Best I can tell, the cop didn't know what "rebuke" means, or misunderstood it in the context of what she said. He CLEARLY took it as a threat, which it didn't appear to be. Maybe he saw an "exorcism" movie where the priest said "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus!", then threw holy water on the possessed person, which BURNED THEM.

SO: HE likely misunderstood HER statement, drew on her, then she tried to "defend" herself with the boiling water. What a mess.
    Or he was, in fact, possessed by a demon, then it became a case of self-defense from an exorcism...

IronBeard

Master
    Have to hire who applies. No. No ya don't. But, I wasn't there, and we need to wait on the facts to come out...

DustyDog

Master
    Have to hire who applies. No. No ya don't. But, I wasn't there, and we need to wait on the facts to come out...
    Bingo.

It was a bad shoot, in my opinion, but she did throw the water at him. And it appears that it was the other cop that backed up when she picked up the pot, and he was the one she "rebuked", not the shooter. Then the shooter obviously completely misinterpreted what she said and the rest is history...

DustyDog

Master
    “For Sonya to say that I rebuke you in the name of Jesus, she, in that moment, saw something demonic in the eyes of that officer,” he said. “She felt something in her spirit that did not line up with the love of Jesus Christ.”
    :Rev. Cary Beckwith, officiated the funeral service of Sonya Massey
    Problem being, if I'm correct, it was the other deputy who backed up when she picked up the pot (note that he is just inside the kitchen at that point, whereas the shooter is not; go to 13:45 in the "bodycams" vid below), and thus Sonya "rebuked" him. Then, the shooter must've completely misinterpreted what she said... because he freaked... but still didn't fire until she tossed the water in his direction.

I still think it's a bad shoot/didn't have to happen, but... she didn't "rebuke" the shooter. If she "saw demonic eyes", they were in the deputy that didn't shoot. Full bodycams and Tatum's video below:

AND

Top Bottom