• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B52

Master
    DON'T USE IT ON YOUR GUNS. THE HUMIDITY WILL RUST THEM IN A FEW DAYS. Spray an oil on after using WD40. Best to use Triflow or rem oil.

SAWMAN

Master
    I used to date a Lebanese girl. I used WD-40 on her to reduce the size of the hair "patch" on certain parts of her body......including underarms.

She also quit squeaking when we would............... --- SAWMAN

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    I used to date a Lebanese girl. I used WD-40 on her to reduce the size of the hair "patch" on certain parts of her body......including underarms.

She also quit squeaking when we would............... --- SAWMAN

Definitly classic. :hat: So, what's she doing these days, hearding goats?

Mr. Katanga

Expert
    WD-40 is fine for short periods but just isn't a good gun oil. It is good for getting water out of small spaces in guns and fishing stuff and I've seen many fish caught after the bait was sprayed with it. I use it when I get salt water in my glock, ill throw it in a cooler if there's one on the boat to dissolve the salt down then spray it down with WD until I can clean it with hot soapy water and put gun oil on later. If you ever need a really good gun oil and don't mind the red dye, regular Dextron/Mercon ATF transmission fluid is about the best gun oil there is. It creeps enough to get on bearing surfaces and has lots of detergents to keep it from gunking up.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    yeah John, I think we have come to an end w this one...LOL

shootnstarz

Master
    WD40 = Water Displacement formula #40. I guess the first 39 batches didn't work so well.

I use Rem oil on my firearms, or did before the horrible canoeing accident dumped them all in the Mariana's Trench. It makes composite stocks look really good.

Rick

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Well I actually use Frog Lube on my guns as I feel it is the best, very good stuff if you have not tried it, non polluting, stops the absorption of petroleum products in your body and does a much better job than things like rem oil. If you have to use something like rem oil, try the Mobil One or other synthetic oils that are better than standard oils.

Top Bottom