• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    The U.S. military is already planning for this. I helped build a new barracks on Corry about 7 years ago that was collecting rainwater from the roof and storing it in basement cisterns. Everybody can do this. Especially around here. There's more than enough water to go around, you just have to build to be able to collect it or build your house on the water, dig a pond or drop a well. Now, before getting caught with your pants down

WRM

Master
    There's more than enough water to go around

Wait until there's not enough for utilities to pump out of the ground anymore. Between saltwater intrusion and the water table drop in groundwater that will occur from the cone of influence of the public wells at that point, there'll be a lot less readily available potable water than you might think. And, if you have it, for whatever reason, there'll be masses looking to take it away from you. Starving is no fun, but dehydration kills a lot faster. When you're starving and dehydrated...well then the big fun really starts.

It's going to be an interesting and, I'm sure challenging, next few years/decades. People who feel they are "prepared" may get a rude awakening when they are trying to supply all their own needs AND groups (multiple) are looking to take away whatever little bit they have.

FLT

Master
    The entitled folks will feel that what’s yours is theirs, and it’ll be on you to convince them otherwise.

WRM

Master
    The entitled folks will feel that what’s yours is theirs, and it’ll be on you to convince them otherwise.

Don't we already operate under that system? The feds are pretty sure that anything we the people earn is theirs to take and spend.

Raven

Master
    Put your roof water tanks and cisterns indoors. The military did. If it's stupid but works then it's not stupid.

Raven

Master
    Don't we already operate under that system? The feds are pretty sure that anything we the people earn is theirs to take and spend.
    Yes we do. Never forget that God said debt is slavery. Taxes are never-ending debt.

But as per the op... fresh water will never be scarce around where I live. Mainly because I live in the canoe and kayak capitol of Florida, with a hundred miles of rivers, creeks, streams, lakes and ponds around here. Nevermind rain. Also, Alabama is on record as having the most fresh water of any state in the Union, and a lot of that fresh water drains through our part of Florida. I'm not worried. There's a half a dozen public boat ramps on public freshwater within 2 miles of my house and a creek passing right past my parking spot at the house. I encourage everybody (if they are so worried about it ) to move to where they can have similar circumstances too. Don't get me wrong... I see the signs and I'm worried about it... just not worried about it on the Gulf Coast

Last edited:

WRM

Master
    One thing is pretty certain....a lot of us likely will see the answer (or at least the beginnings of the answer).

Raven

Master
    Lifestraw personal water filters.
    Sawyer water filters are the same size, cost maybe $5-$10 more, filter on the level of a purifier to knock out bacteria AND viruses (using medical grade mesh) and have a service life 10 times longer.

.22 cents

Master
    Water in the west has been rerouted to the Pacific and wasted. I remember seeing a video but cant find it anymore. There are still a few articles unless they have scrubbed them. Farms arent getting water. Worst “drought” in 1500 years my ass.

Raven

Master
    Water in the west has been rerouted to the Pacific and wasted. I remember seeing a video but cant find it anymore. There are still a few articles unless they have scrubbed them. Farms arent getting water. Worst “drought” in 1500 years my ass.
    Exactly. I remember that. They let loose half their water to save some fish

Raven

Master
    Can't forget that all the California water supply was planned decades ago for different crops too. They have almonds now. Huge cash crop but they take a gallon of water each to grow from start to finish.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    i have thousands of little reasons to convince them...

.22 cents

Master
    Can't forget that all the California water supply was planned decades ago for different crops too. They have almonds now. Huge cash crop but they take a gallon of water each to grow from start to finish.
    All these events happening back to back definitely seem planned

Raven

Master
    All these events happening back to back definitely seem planned
    Which crops are grown where is most definitely something that was planned. Nevermind the thousands of illegal immigrants every day invading that part of OUR country. I wonder how much voltage it would take to electrify the river...

WRM

Master
    Which crops are grown where is most definitely something that was planned. Nevermind the thousands of illegal immigrants every day invading that part of OUR country. I wonder how much voltage it would take to electrify the river...

Ask AOC--she can probably tell you how many windmills would be required for that. Gotta be green, ya know.

nilus

Shooter
    California has been ringing the alarm about water levels and fires to make their serfs feels bad while they line their pockets from special interest groups. They are trying to house 23 million people in a desert that only rains in the winter, and fed through the year from Sierra melt. The area is blanketed by fire chapparal- the ecosystem is supposed to be continually renewed by fire. Trying to fight these natural processes is a losing battle. Less fires = more fuel to burn for next year.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom