• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Starting to think my cold bore shot with the savage mk2 sv,sr sucks. ( with can) May have to try another .22. Or it's the nut behind the butt. Checked 0 it's on, popping 4 inch steel @+100.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I have to shoot 5-10 rounds in mine before it holds a tight group on CCB or CFB
    Well if the cold bore shot is crap, it's a toy. (Hunting) same as deer rifles. I think alot of times that's a real issue with deer hunters. Why they miss. (Also lack of practice time) a hunting arm with a bad cold bore shot is useless. YMMV.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I don't normally track the differences in a .22. I have data books on several rifles that information is recorded in though. For example, my .260 hunting rifle is .5 MOA high on a CCB...CFB and HFB are the same POI

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Sweated my butt off collecting downed peaches for bait, wth? Appears nothing likes them? Did see a coon cross my plot in the am?

Recondo 101

Expert
    They call a flock of crows a murder of crows for a very good reason. They kill everything smaller than them, especially fresh hatched song birds and ducks. They are nest robbers.

When they get bad around the farm, we have a serious crow thinning. I call them up and shoot them as fast as they fly by, with a 20ga, IC choke and #8 or 7 1/2 shot. Usually a half dozen will die before they fly off and do not come back for a couple of months at a stretch. I park my clays cart in the woods, then walk off about 50 yards stand inside the edge of woods behind a bush with cammo, hat, mask and gloves. They see the cart, watch it and fly right over me.

7 1/2 shot will break clays at 75 yards. You want a larger pattern with more pellets inside the pattern, always density, more density with vermin, just take them out of the air.

Top Bottom