• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I can vouch that I've met drc and he seems like a great guy. We even shot together.
    Just any case anyone had any reservations on teaching someone they never met.
    I too will need some tips in a month or two. So I may be asking around also lol

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I have taught lots of people, several on here, and would be happy to help get you started. The very first thing I can recommend is to buy a reloading manual and read it. The beginning chapters will cover equipment required and the reloading process so you can get a better understanding of what is involved. I would recommend either the Lee or Lyman book to start out with. There are lots of books out there put out by bullet manufacturers, Sierra, Hornady, Speer, Nosler, etc but they mainly focus on their bullets specifically. The Lee and Lyman books cover a variety of bullet weights and manufacture. I would not recommend watching a bunch of videos on YouTube. There are lots of guys out there doing videos who do not follow safe reloading practices and absolutely should not be giving anyone advice on how to reload. I also sell used reloading equipment and components and can help get you set up at a reasonable cost. I have a house at Bonifay and can go through Panama City without much trouble. Send me a PM if you have questions.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know you were looking for some direct guidance, but as you gain some basic knowledge and start delving into the actual practice of reloading, you might find this guys YouTube channel helpful. It's called Johnny's Reloading Bench. I gained some confidence and functional knowledge operating my equipment and taking measurements watching his videos when I was a newbie. Confidence in operating your equipment, being comfortable\knowledgeable in the various aspects of your components, learning about different powders and their attributes, taking precise measurements, and taking care of your brass goes a long way. When I started my ass was clenched, and it's both normal and probably a bonus so you are very focused on each step. You should always be aware of what you're doing, and read those manuals :)

Top Bottom