• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man--that's a tough one. You need to find an older licensed guy that doesn't do new construction work anymore. The rest of them are pretty much covered up. I started doing my own years ago, but I realize not all are comfortable working with it.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    When my main exterior service panel failed, the only company I could get over that day was White Sands Electric. They replaced the panel for just over 900. From research and estimates from other companies I expected to pay around 1500 for the work. I would recommend them in Pensacola.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man--that's a tough one. You need to find an older licensed guy that doesn't do new construction work anymore. The rest of them are pretty much covered up. I started doing my own years ago, but I realize not all are comfortable working with it.

Don't I know it ! I worked construction for 40 years, I know nobody wants to nickel and dime any job now, can't say as I blame them.

I don't have to have a new service panel right now, I thought it would be better to do it all at once. I have room for my existing panel as is. Wiring up 100' of 3 strands of #6 copper stranded wire and conduit to this outbuilding while navigating the septic system.

What I really need is someone to hook everything up RIGHT and make sure what I did is correct. As a homeowner I will get the permit if needed.

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    so you need someone to dig the line lay the conduit and wire and make sure you did everything else correct how far from the meter to the building what fire arms do you have to trade

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    When my main exterior service panel failed, the only company I could get over that day was White Sands Electric. They replaced the panel for just over 900. From research and estimates from other companies I expected to pay around 1500 for the work. I would recommend them in Pensacola.
    I am waiting on a date for white sands to wire my house generator. They seem to do good work.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems to me that you need someone to help with the trench and burying the wire . If I were going over a drain field I’d use conduit and bury it pretty shallow. As kendive said the rest of it is pretty easy. Just basic wiring, nothing to difficult.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems to me that you need someone to help with the trench and burying the wire . If I were going over a drain field I’d use conduit and bury it pretty shallow. As kendive said the rest of it is pretty easy. Just basic wiring, nothing to difficult.

Some of the rental companies have "trenchers" for use in burying wire. They are easier to use/maneuver than full size, tho you can get some of those now that are pretty easy to run.

If all your doing after main line connect is 120V outlets and switches, there isn't too much to that. Interweb loaded with info on those connects, and it's not difficult. You'd just need to take your time.

Whoever does it, pop for the "Better" outlets (I'd use commercial style). If you'll be using them much, cheapie builder grade household outlets just won't hold up long.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    so you need someone to dig the line lay the conduit and wire and make sure you did everything else correct how far from the meter to the building what fire arms do you have to trade

Some of the rental companies have "trenchers" for use in burying wire. They are easier to use/maneuver than full size, tho you can get some of those now that are pretty easy to run.

If all your doing after main line connect is 120V outlets and switches, there isn't too much to that. Interweb loaded with info on those connects, and it's not difficult. You'd just need to take your time.

Whoever does it, pop for the "Better" outlets (I'd use commercial style). If you'll be using them much, cheapie builder grade household outlets just won't hold up long.
    I looked into trenchers but a lot will have to be hand dug, septic system and porch slab. I'm not so much concerned with digging but digging in the right place and wiring it. I'm going with 220v for a future well pump, #6 copper. I am not comfortable wiring the 220v panel, already got the ewe toob videos bookmarks but I would prefer someone more skilled at the task. And yep, I sprung for the better outlets, as Benjarmin Franklin said, "We seldom regret having gotten the best".

Reactions: FLT

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I looked into trenchers but a lot will have to be hand dug, septic system and porch slab. I'm not so much concerned with digging but digging in the right place and wiring it. I'm going with 220v for a future well pump, #6 copper. I am not comfortable wiring the 220v panel, already got the ewe toob videos bookmarks but I would prefer someone more skilled at the task. And yep, I sprung for the better outlets, as Benjarmin Franklin said, "We seldom regret having gotten the best".

Always some hand digging, for sure.

There is definitely a mental hurdle to 220/240 connections. If you can get yourself to the point that "it's just two 120V legs coming together", it can get you over it. Or not. Caution is definitely the word of the day at that level. A little zap from 120, yeah it stings. I'd not want to get popped by full 240. Easily avoided anyway as your panel shouldn't be energized while you're working on it. If you're not putting the pump in now, not much reason to worry. If you're using a panel with two hot bus bars (which is all I'm familiar with) you can just add your pump breakers later and wire in the two 120V legs when you get ready to put the pump in.

Look at adding surge protection to your panel and to that pump when you install it.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just don't know that much about it, except if you mess with it it will kill you and if you don't pay your bill they'll shut it off. But I can hook up wires, just know know where.

Reactions: WRM
    Top Bottom