Want to puchase 22lr bird shot.........does anyone have a box they would sell?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paxton

Shooter
    Want to puchase 22lr bird shot......... Found at Trade Winds ...Thx all

I need to purchase a box of 22 long rifle bird shot (rat shot). Cannot find it on shelves in Milton area stores.

Does anyone know where I might find it, or does anyone have a box they are willing to sell?

Regards

Last edited:

neohornet

Expert
    Academy had some a couple weeks ago, not sure if they still do but you could call them though. Welcome to the forum and feel free to post in the Introduction section so we can all get to know you.

paxton

Shooter
    Thanks for the reply

Just checked with Academy, they had the normal 22 lr ammunition

FowlHunter13

Master
    There is a place over by me, but may be a bit far for you to go for a box of .22 rat shot. It is a place called Campbells Hardware. Address and phone number are: 22529 Alabama 59, Robertsdale, AL 36567 (251)947-2291. I just bought two boxes a week ago from them and already need more. The mice are driving me nuts this year in my barn. Those #12's put a whoopin on those little mice from a pretty good distance.

steve

Marksman
    If you are in the Cantonment area sometime and only need one box get with me... I'll give you a box!

paxton

Shooter
    There is a place over by me, but may be a bit far for you to go for a box of .22 rat shot. It is a place called Campbells Hardware. Address and phone number are: 22529 Alabama 59, Robertsdale, AL 36567 (251)947-2291. I just bought two boxes a week ago from them and already need more. The mice are driving me nuts this year in my barn. Those #12's put a whoopin on those little mice from a pretty good distance.

I placed an order on line 2 days ago. The company told me this morning they were so busy I probably would not get my ammo for a couple of weeks.

paxton

Shooter
    If you are in the Cantonment area sometime and only need one box get with me... I'll give you a box!

Steve, I will purchase the ammo from you. I have borrowed my neighbor's pellet gun due to squirrel infestation into my attic. I think I have them out and now have the roof repaired. Now I need to keep them out. I have two 22 long rifle guns sittin here, so I though I would see if the bird shot would be quiet enough the neighbors would not complain. If not, I'll need to purchase a pellt gun of my own. Spending the money for the bird shot is cheaper than buying a pellet gun.

I can meet you, as I reside in the northewest part of Milton, not far from the five points area.
    I certainly appreciate the offer.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    It was the only 22 I found at any walmart...lol OK I am a sucker and bought a pack

paxton

Shooter

Steve, I would say I can meet you tomorrow, but it's Valentines day.

I can also trade you a box (50 rds) of Remington 22lr Thunderbolt for the bird shot if you prefer.

Regards,

Paxton

steve

Marksman
    Anytime is fine and don't worry about trades. I'll PM you my number.

DaBreeze

Master
    Trade Winds Gun and Pawn had them a couple days ago

Pompnewbie

Master
    CB's are 22 rounds that are powered by just the primer.. very quiet and they travel about 600 fps they make them in short, L, and LR.
    They are also made by other manufacturers Aguila etc..

Product Information
    CCI is known in the shooting sports industry for having reliable ammunition that delivers exceptional performance time and time again. The 22 CB load is a low-noise cartridge useful for plinking and pest control. This ammunition is new production and non-corrosive.

Technical Information
    Caliber: 22 CB Long
    Bullet Weight: 29 Grains
    Bullet Style: Lead Round Nose

Ballistics Information:
    Muzzle Velocity: 710 fps
    Muzzle Energy: 32 ft. lbs.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    yep and they kill squirrels!!

paxton

Shooter
    CB's are 22 rounds that are powered by just the primer.. very quiet and they travel about 600 fps they make them in short, L, and LR.
    They are also made by other manufacturers Aguila etc..

Product Information
    CCI is known in the shooting sports industry for having reliable ammunition that delivers exceptional performance time and time again. The 22 CB load is a low-noise cartridge useful for plinking and pest control. This ammunition is new production and non-corrosive.

Technical Information
    Caliber: 22 CB Long
    Bullet Weight: 29 Grains
    Bullet Style: Lead Round Nose

Ballistics Information:
    Muzzle Velocity: 710 fps
    Muzzle Energy: 32 ft. lbs.

I ran across some of these on various on line ammo retail sites, but did not stop and take a look / see as I had my mind made up to using the bird shot.

FrankT posted very similar information over on the "Introduction" thread:
    Welcome and good Luck killing the tree rats!! For quiet I use the Super colibri LR that are fired w just the primer, quiet as a pellet gun! They will not cycle the auto so I hand load 1 at a time.

I appreciate all the good information all of you have provided.

Viking1204

Master
    Awesome, great information! I had never heard of the CB round until now. Those could make those long days on stand during deer season a little more entertaining during slow times for deer! Seems there's always plenty of those damn tree rats around!

Richard J.

Expert
    CB are excellent when you have close neighbors. You can leave the barrel inside of a window (dont stick it out beyond the window ) and people near wont hear it. This is the way to do it when you have nosy neibhors. Pellet rifle makes far more noise.

RJ

Top Bottom