Patriot Mobile

Want to get a gun trust and a personal trust.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Where do I start?
    Pensacola area.
    I started looking online.
    Silencer shop offers a couple of options at a reasonable price.
    I don't know much about what all it will do for me.
    But I'd like to hear what you guys say

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    I didn't feel the need to do a trust. Seemed like extra steps and a few dollars more. If you are worried about dying, your suppressor is gifted one time by the nfa. Then your friend, wife, cousin can sell it legally.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Cons:
    -A trust takes longer to process.
    -A trust costs money.

Pros:
    -A trust means you can let other members of the trust have sole possession of the item without anyone else being present.
    -The membership of the trust can be adjusted.

Your situation will dictate what matters.

If you don’t live alone and don’t have a trust, your items would have to be secured in a way that the other residents can’t access them. If they have access to the items while you aren’t around, that’s illegal.

Heck, if you live alone and put everything in your name (no trust), and leave the items out or not locked up, you probably can’t even give a spare key to the house to someone. They’d have unauthorized (by the aft) access to the items when you aren’t around. Same as your wife knowing the combo to the safe they’re locked in, if she isn’t on the trust.

It’s all BS, but it’s deny-your-freedom felonies with penalties up-to-and-including-death if the alphabet enforcers choose to play it rough that day.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I didn't feel the need to do a trust. Seemed like extra steps and a few dollars more. If you are worried about dying, your suppressor is gifted one time by the nfa. Then your friend, wife, cousin can sell it legally.
    Does anyone know what is "Gifted"?
    Can the heir be arrested for possession?
    Can they keep it till they die?
    Then what?
    Can my grandchildren keep it?
    Will they have to pay a tax to keep it?

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I’ve heard they can transfer upon your death via a form 5, but I’m still fuzzy on the details.

Wife & I are currently considering a personal trust for the kids sake. I was also contemplating a trust for the nfa stuff, but if it’s not necessary in order to pass them down, I’d rather keep my stamps as personal.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Does anyone know what is "Gifted"?
    Can the heir be arrested for possession?
    Can they keep it till they die?
    Then what?
    Can my grandchildren keep it?
    Will they have to pay a tax to keep it?

It depends.

I’ve heard they can transfer upon your death via a form 5, but I’m still fuzzy on the details.

Wife & I are currently considering a personal trust for the kids sake. I was also contemplating a trust for the nfa stuff, but if it’s not necessary in order to pass them down, I’d rather keep my stamps as personal.

I was just about to post the same link.
    :)

Bottom line: it’s federal paperwork for a BS law that is enforced by an agency that constantly reimagines the rules via intra-office memo. It won’t be simple.

Get a trust. Put every 21-year-old on it as Co-trustees, and every under-21 as a beneficiary until they are old enough.

When one person dies, the successor trustee should already be established. It’s an automatic change-of-command kinda thing. The “trust” never dies as long as there are two-or-more living people in it. No need for Form-5’s, extra fees, etc.

Saves time, money, and hassle.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Can anyone recommend a website that would have a generic gun trust form that i could print and sign?

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    The silencer shop app makes it easy to use your phone for the photo. And the silencer shop kiosk makes it easy to submit the prints.
    I would think it would work for a trust. But if trustees don't live near a kiosk, i could see it being a problem. But may have to buy their trust.

Sojurn

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Having never bought one before, I think I'd go with the Silencer Shop kiosk. Everything I've read about their process seems simple/one-stop shop kind of thing.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    There are some extra fees with SS depending on how many steps you want them to do. It's not prohibitive but they are charging to make things "easy".

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    There are some extra fees with SS depending on how many steps you want them to do. It's not prohibitive but they are charging to make things "easy".
    Yes, and they probably offer services with their trust and make it easy to make changes when needed.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The Silencer Shop “Single Shot” Trust is the ticket.

Only need your name to buy the item.
    Add whomever later with no need to retroactively inform the alphabets. (Unless they’ve intra-office memo changed that too)

Ken is correct about needing everyone's vitals that are ALREADY on the trust used to make the purchase.

Downside to the SS trust: you’ll have a separate trust (and associated paperwork) for each item.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The silencer shop app makes it easy to use your phone for the photo. And the silencer shop kiosk makes it easy to submit the prints.
    I would think it would work for a trust. But if trustees don't live near a kiosk, i could see it being a problem. But may have to buy their trust.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom