• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got this P22 the other day and was wondering about the breakdown for cleaning. The manual says not to take down any further then the two steps the illustrate. Probably a dumb question but when you follow those instructions all it does is allow you to clean the barrel!!! I like to take my Pistols all the way down and clean them very well. Any info or videos would be great.

Attachments

• WALTHER.jpg
      WALTHER.jpg
      149.2 KB · Views: 188

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is that custom work or you buy it like that, looks great. Painting the can too?

Yes the can will match soon. Bought the pistol like that. New model with night sights in front. I found it very accurate and super fun to shoot. I did have a problem with one thing though. About every third magazine the first shot would not chamber the next round and I would have to do it, then it would shoot the rest just fine. I thought it may need cleaning of the shipping lube or the ammo was the problem. Then I got to thinking about the ammo and that didn't make sense because it was always the same round in the mag, the first????

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a Walther P22 for my wife. I've found that it likes high vilocity ammo. CCI Mini-Mag hollow point 1260 FPS and Winchester 1330 FPS seem to work best. It also seems to work better wet. Keep the slide well oiled. This may or may not be useful info but, it works for me.

graepaep

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Somewhere there is a booklet that I believe is called the 'P22 bible'. It has a lot of information. I think I have a copy somewhere and I'll see if I can find it.

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Turtle I have one and love it mine is the all digi camo version I'm fixed to add the suppressor to mine as well I went to numrich and looked up the full breakdown and printed it as for ammo feed be sure to clean your feed ramp and check your clip for any hangups my other 22 semi had a problem like yours and turned out the clip when fully loaded would not cycle the first round try it one time with one less round I had to load my clip full and leave it loaded to relax the spring then all went well

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will try the Mag trick and the high vel ammo. I think those two things will fix the issue. Thanks

Top Bottom