• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IH424

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone have any experience with the Savage 93s that Walmart sells? One has caught my eye, wood stock heavy barrel .22 mag.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a BRJ. It’s shoots well, no regrets on that purchase

Last edited:

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone have any experience with the Savage 93s that Walmart sells? One has caught my eye, wood stock heavy barrel .22 mag.
    Talking about the one with the laminated stock? Though I've only noticed them in .22 LR and some version of .17 mag...

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not laminate, it’s a hardwood stock.
    Oh... not the ones that I've been eyeing then, which appear to be Walmart exclusive since I could never find anything like them on the Savage site. The .22 LRs seem to be all green laminated, and the .17 HMRs(?) are red laminated... both adjustable Boyds At-One stocks.

Last edited:

Gumby Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m looking at the same rifle at a Walmart up here. Only thing I didn’t like, it doesn’t have an accu- trigger. Looked to see if one could be installed, never found a definitive answer. One can order a “basix “ brand that’s better but still isn’t an accu-trigger
    For $233 I may have to forget the trigger and learn to use it as is

IH424

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m looking at the same rifle at a Walmart up here. Only thing I didn’t like, it doesn’t have an accu- trigger. Looked to see if one could be installed, never found a definitive answer. One can order a “basix “ brand that’s better but still isn’t an accu-trigger
    For $233 I may have to forget the trigger and learn to use it as is
    Yep, same one. Unfortunately with it being Walmart they won’t let me cycle the action and test the trigger.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    All Walmarts have a 3 day wait or longer. They can show you the gun but only a few people are allowed to do the paperwork. So it's possible to find the gun of your dreams and you physically can't buy it. And if you can,when the 3 day wait is up you better hope someone is on duty that day or you'll be making another trip. It's a process with them. Staffing may be getting better, but I have read about some messes since COVID

IH424

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All Walmarts have a 3 day wait or longer. They can show you the gun but only a few people are allowed to do the paperwork. So it's possible to find the gun of your dreams and you physically can't buy it. And if you can,when the 3 day wait is up you better hope someone is on duty that day or you'll be making another trip. It's a process with them. Staffing may be getting better, but I have read about some messes since COVID
    Must be a newer policy, a few years ago when they had Ruger American rifles 50% off I walked in, filled out the 4473, paid, and left with it.

Top Bottom