HD Tactical

Waffle House = No firearms, even soldiers.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fisheadgib

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Waffle House is worried about CCW holders, but they sure seem to welcome the brutal attacks and mob fights that occur there on an almost daily basis.
    That's painting with a pretty wide brush. I've been eating at WH since I got stationed here in 1976 and I have never witnessed any type of attack or mob fight. I'm sure that there are some WH's in high crime areas where bad stuff happens but I doubt that it's the majority, or daily, or welcome.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    That's painting with a pretty wide brush. I've been eating at WH since I got stationed here in 1976 and I have never witnessed any type of attack or mob fight. I'm sure that there are some WH's in high crime areas where bad stuff happens but I doubt that it's the majority, or daily, or welcome.
    They post a Bay Minette cop in there on Saturday night.... no really... quick response time!!
    As far as guns go, they don't ask I don't tell.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Open carry, no permit carry, carry by a prohibited person, you know the usual stuff.
    Yeah, I know, and not arguing; just want to further a discussion that is most often avoided, and inspired by the word "illegal."

What is a "legal" weapon vs an "illegal" weapon? I think if we look collectively at responses, we will see that the responses are mostly personal opinion/feelings. That's not law.

Don't mean to hijack a thread, but feel it's important to seperate personal beliefs, feelings, wants, etc., from " the law."

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I know, and not arguing; just want to further a discussion that is most often avoided, and inspired by the word "illegal."

What is a "legal" weapon vs an "illegal" weapon? I think if we look collectively at responses, we will see that the responses are mostly petsonal opinion/feelings. That's not law.

Don't mean to hijack a thread, but feel it's important to seperate personal beliefs, feelings, wants, etc., from " the law."
    Understood. Thanks for the invitation. As with the larger gun control discussion, we usually agree it isn’t the weapon itself, but the individual that is “responsible“. A gun is a gun is a gun. FL law rightly focuses on places and manner of carry, as well as legal status of the carrier or potential carrier, rather than the gun itself. All that said, WH I believe cares more about the legal status of the carrier, but the wording is awkward, as it so often is.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I feel like something was very misinformed with the initial article. As I've worked security at the waffle house on pensacola blvd ( yea it's that much a shitshow on the weekends) and I've yet to see a sign saying no firearms.

I can outright say there is something odd about any troop open carrying a personal firearm off duty (or on duty for that matter)

Top Bottom