• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heres my little podunk thrown together spot. Set it up on the cheap and in less than 4 days I already have a piggy showing up. I havent hunted in years so I didnt want to dump a bunch of money into something that I wasnt sure if I was going to be good at. The spot I chose sits in the middle of a "bowl" shape with 5 acres of swamp on both sides surrounded by 190 something acres of hardwoods. . Im sure you guys have some bad ass spots so lets see em!!

Spot.jpg

Attachments

• Spot.jpg
      Spot.jpg
      143.6 KB · Views: 212

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    what is that a can feeder? need to be higher and trim the brush so you can see to the Rt of the pole. Otherwise looks like a nice spot.

you can see the stand behind the feeder motor

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is a can feeder? Its a cheap Moultrie collapsible feeder I got off amazon. I like it because it takes AA batteries and it got 4.5 out of 5 stars out of almost 200 reviews so I figured I'd give it a shot. It holds about 35 lbs of corn and I go out there about twice a week so Im not worried about it emptying on me. How much higher does it need to be? I am 6'4'' and the bottom of it is about 4 or 5 inches over my head.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah that 4x4 is a 16 footer buried about 3 feet on the ground with 150 lbs of quik-crete. Maybe I should raise it up a bit more.. And yeah that is an all in one feeder

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ahhhhhh I gotcha. I guess I could take the motor off and use any bucket or whatever

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    imagejpeg_0.jpg

Here's a cell phone pic from my brother's farm Georgia stand looking towards the right. This was taken last Friday. In the pic is a spike, a 6 point, and a 9 point. He was hoping the 9 point would come out for me when I was hunting earlier that week, but it didn't. To the left (not shown) is a 4 point. My brother is hoping for a large doe for his freezer. He doesn't shoot a buck unless it's bigger than one he's already taken, so we're hoping the 9 point is around next year and bigger.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
      imagejpeg_0.jpg
      81.8 KB · Views: 197

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    From the stand to the far edge of grass is 229yd. The plot to the left is 138yd. No hunting over "bait" in Georgia where he lives, but you can plant stuff. My brother sets the "rules" for anyone allowed hunting. In particular, a buck has to have at least 1 point more than the largest you've taken there before. The buck taken last year had 6 points; the year before I took a 3 point. No button bucks or yearlings if possible. The older the doe the better. I have no problem with his rules; actually, they are kinda fun and make me really watch and evaluate the deer. I also think that when a deer is left alone to eat, its presence attracts more deer...the most I've had in front of me was 9 at one time. This year I took 1 doe about 1 1/2 year old or maybe older and 1 doe older than that. I watched a 3 point for hours over 3 days and saw a spike and a 6 point for about an hour each.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here piggy piggy 20141104_063839.jpg

Attachments

• 20141104_063839.jpg
      20141104_063839.jpg
      217.7 KB · Views: 127

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom